px-150 one note is louder

maayanb

I have a px-150 for around 3-4 years now, today i noticed that one of the notes is significantly louder than the rest. its louder in a weird way, it produces a sharper sound than the other keys, a sound i cannot reproduce by hitting harder on another key. the difference remains on different voices, vibraphone for example. i suspect one of the sensors went bad when i bumped into it early today but can't really tell. did anyone experience any issue of that sort? and do you think i can try and solve it by opening up the piano and having a closer look? (total amateur when it comes to fixing stuff). also is there a "hardwhere" manual for the piano i can have a look at if i am to open it up?

Often that's a dirty contact. Sometimes compressed air between the keys will fix it, there are other posts around here regarding how to do that. Since lots of the Casio models have the same technology as far as how the keys work, the threads can be in a number of topic areas. Search around.

If you don't feel confident about opening it up and fixing it yourself if it comes to that, I would first recommend finding a tech that would do the work for you. You can contact Casio to find an authorized tech near you. Ideally, the tech would clean things up internally so that it will be unlikely the problem would occur again for a while.