Connecting px150 to macbook pro

ks65609

Hello, I am very new to the forum and have looked back through 2014 for an issue similar to mine however unsuccessful. To begin with I am a complete novice so please bear with me. I am trying to follow the manual instructions to connect the keyboard to a macbook pro via a usb cable, however the computer does not seem to recognize the keyboard. As well a considerable amount of the terminology is unfamiliar and I am hoping someone will have the patience to guide me through the correct process. I am enjoying the piano having just started lessons again.

Thankyou

Ken

What are you trying to do with the MacBook Pro and the PX-150? I'm pretty sure the PX-150 is class-compliant, meaning it doesn't need anything special from the Mac to work as far as drivers, but since it's an older model I'm not 100% sure about that, only like 95%. :) 

You should be able to plug the PX-150 into the MBP, fire up GarageBand, create a software instrument track in GB, and begin playing and recording.