Performance switching using footswitch

Haizel

Is there any way to configure the XW-P1 so that I may switch between performance presets using an unlatched footswitch or a sustain pedal? Changing the preset via the + or - button is a little difficult while playing with both hands. I've checked the main settings in the P1 but I can't find a way to do so.

Thank you!

While it's true you can't advance a performance using the standard foot switch as you can on some of the newer Casios, YOU can use a programmable MIDI pedal run into the XW-P1's MIDI in port.  There will be some finagling  and experimenting to get everything set correctly, but if you need this functionality that's how you do it.  

I'd look at the Behringer MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010. It has a lot of cool functions, dedicated up/down switches, 10 programmable switches and dual expression pedals.  

On 11-01-2017 at 9:35 PM, Scott Hamlin said:

While it's true you can't advance a performance using the standard foot switch as you can on some of the newer Casios, YOU can use a programmable MIDI pedal run into the XW-P1's MIDI in port.  There will be some finagling  and experimenting to get everything set correctly, but if you need this functionality that's how you do it.  

I'd look at the Behringer MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010. It has a lot of cool functions, dedicated up/down switches, 10 programmable switches and dual expression pedals.  

This seems like a nice alternative. I checked the user's guide and the MIDI settings in the P1, does this have to do with the PerformNRPN option? I'm just an illiterate when it comes to this stuff. Thank you!

21 hours ago, Haizel said:

This seems like a nice alternative. I checked the user's guide and the MIDI settings in the P1, does this have to do with the PerformNRPN option? I'm just an illiterate when it comes to this stuff. Thank you!

Oh you're not alone! It is tricky to figure out. You may not even need to deal with NRPN -- standard MIDI CC's may get it done -- all depends on how you set it up. Bottom line: Be prepared to spend some time experimenting and dialing it in -- but it WILL do what you want once you get the pedal and P1 talking to each other correctly!