Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CTK 7200 issues

Hi too all I have a Casio CTK 7200 its already 2 years old I rarely played it just a couple of months ago I gave it to my sister she has been using it but for some odd reason it shows something about the sd card it won't let you change any of the styles when you exit out once you touch any of the styles buttons it comes back . I did a reset it had stopped then after awhile it came back so my sister did a full rest it had stopped for a few weeks today she said it did it again it had a 2 year Warranty but it lapsed humm not good she can still play the piano but cannot change any of the styles anybody has had that issue with there's? Right now not sure what to do if to take it apart to see if there a connection that is bad or something..

• 3 weeks later...

You mentioned something about the SD card. Could this have something to do with it? I can't tell from your post-are you accessing the SD card to switch styles around? If the SD card is inserted, errors on the card could have something to do with this. If the SD card is inserted, remove it and see if the problem goes away. and if you are using the SD card, if it is part of the problem, I'd reformat the card (save the card contents first of course) and see if that was the problem. Or try a different card. I've taken apart several Casios, all the connectors I've seen internally are locked pretty tight, but it could be. That, or even something interfering with one of the button controls. Are any of the buttons getting stuck? Sometimes a little dirt in one of the buttons could cause it to not release properly and act as if you are holding it down which could affect functions on the CTK.

Sounds like a defective ribbon cable connector - not where the connector plugs onto the pins on the circuit board - but where the connector crimps onto the ribbon cable or possibly a "cold" (crystalized) solder joint on one of the circuit boards.  This is becoming more of a problem since manufacturers have migrated to leadless solders.

• 2 weeks later...