Expression Pedal Woes fixed?

fearless

New member here who is very interested in the px 560. I am concerned with the ongoing problems with utilizing the expression pedal. I have A Kurzweil Artis 7 and a year and a half still cannot work the expression correctly (it works, but works on every layer in the patch regardless of settings). Plus, I miss a weighted keyboard ( generally I use a piano or piano layer with different pad or string type sounds; that's about it. I'm usually solo or with another singer). I was just about ready to purchase the px 560 until I read the posts on the pedal problems, which are also evident in Mike Martin's webinar.

So, is this problem fixed or not? Mike?

One more thing. Can separate controls be assigned to each hex layer individually?

Thanks.

I can't of course answer the first question. Mike is probably very busy getting ready for NAMM; hopefully we will learn at the show of a firmware update that fixes that problem and maybe adds some new stuff (after all, the MZ-X500 has received some significant new capabilities in the last few firmware updates). Or maybe not. :beer:

I think I can answer your second question. Page EN-76 of the PX-560 User's Guide shows all the assignments you can make to the footpedals, the modulation wheel and the three assignable knobs (K1, K2, K3). Among the staggering list of controllable items it does say "Layer 1 to Layer 6: Tone parameter settings of each layer" followed by a list of parameters for each layer. Bear in mind that each controller can control _two_ separate parameters with independent ranges. Clearly, Casio put some thought into it.