Video Files on Forum ×

Transmitting Mod Wheel

winip

When I use the PX-5S as a controller in Logic Pro X or Studio One 3 the Mod Wheel does not transmit any information. Is there a setting in the kbd that allows mod information to be transmitted. All key information or pitch wheel information is transmitted as expected. 

I have many other kbds and the mod wheel transmits for all of them - so the problem is not in the computer.

Thank you,

paul

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have it on 0-0 but the mod wheel isn't transmitting. Strangely enough, I can map the sliders to controls on a vi in Logic, and, the pitch wheel transmits. 

It's as if the mod wheel is being filtered from midi sent somehow. But in both Logic and Studio One there is no filtering set. And, for all other kbds the mod wheel functions properly.

Thank you,

paul

Hi Winip,

The control section Scott was mentioning in the other thread if you go to page E-31 of the users guide tutorial manual, you'll find the stage settings section.  Pages E-32 and E-35 talk about the modulation wheel specifically.

There shouldn't be any midi filtering going on... however, do you have any program where you can view what is transmitted hen you use the mod wheel?  In windows, a nice program for that is MIDI-Ox

If you can actually see that a changing value is being transmitted when you use the wheel, you'll know if the stopping point is in Logic Pro 

YEP!!!! That was the problem alright. The wheel was set to "Off". 

Thank you so much Choppin and BradMz. It was driving me crazy not to be able to modulate a synth vi with the mod wheel and now all is good - even better if the Packers can beat the Cowboys today.

Thank you,

paul