USB device mode

Anwar

I have the Celviano AP-700, not a grand hybrid, but it is very similar to the GP series.

In the earlier Casio digital piano models, there is USB device mode which makes the folders and files inside the piano visible to the computer connected through USB cable.  I don't see that in AP-700 and the GP series user manual.

My question: is there a hidden / undocumented way to enable USB device mode for AP-700 and the GP series digital pianos?

Thanks Brad.  If recorded music file is saved to USB drive as .CSR and later the recorder memory is cleared or overwritten, is there a way to reload a .CSR file into recorder memory?  I think this can be done for the other models but not AP-700 and the GPs.

I am trying to find a way to convert .CSR into .MID.  My son saved his recording to USB using .CSR format but I can't play that on computer.

If I can reload the .CSR file into recorder memory, then I can save it back to USB as .MID.

When page-50 of the manual mentioned audio files (.CSR, .MID) can be loaded into piano memory, it was referring to the user music library (songs 61-70).  It can't load into MIDI recorder memory, hence .CSR cannot be loaded into MIDI recorder memory and saved back as .MID.

I sent email to Casio technical support and they have acknowledged this problem. I hope they will upgrade the firmware to fix this.

So you don't have the option to save a song as either  a .CSR or a .MID file when you create an arrangement? With the PX-350 if I record a song saved as a .CSR (it uses the same proprietary Casio format and I haven't been able to find anything that will convert this outside the keyboard)-I then can also save it as a .MID file as well as a .CSR within the PX350.  This is the only way I can transfer it to the computer for editing in a midi editor or DAW. The PX575 also allows for saving a recording this way-as both a .MID and .CSR-fiddly but it works.

The AP-700 allows saving into USB in both CSR and MID formats from the piano MIDI recorder memory. The issue is that if saving into MIDI was not done (only saved as CSR) before the piano MIDI recorder memory was cleared, there is no way to convert the CSR file to MIDI.