Chas Chandler-organ sound

Jokeyman123

Before I impale my ears again-can anybody point me to an XW-P1 sound reasonably close to the old Alan Price Animals lead sound-I think it was an old Farfisa with drawbars but I'm not certain. The British groups used whatever they could get their hands on back then, there weren't many easy-to-carry keyboards back then! The Farfisas were considered "portable" and you could lose a finger assembling the stands, which I think were made with the same stuff as dining room chairs of the time. I looked like a dining room piece. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Seinfeld

Ah-there it is-Vxn Continental-the same company that made all those great British amps, that weren't so great but very popular. I was thinking "Boom-Boom-Boom-Boom" another great organ hook. And "We Gotta Get Out of This Place". Actually almost every cut has a very nice organ riff, hook or solo. One of my favorite of the non-Beatles bands, and the Dave Clark Five. Great bands, great era for music! It still is......(depending upon where you point yourself I guess)........thanks for the clip, I just reviewing my old Animals records, and tapes, and mp3s!!!!!. I am old enough to admit-I watched tnem on Ed Sullivan and was old enough to-well we'll leave it at that!

Great organ chops! And look at that great hollow body bass with Chas Chandler! I think it's a Hagstrom. This song still gives me goosebumps, the intensity is still wonderful, even all these years later. And look at Eric Burdon-he looked like he was 16 years old-he was born in 1941 so here he must have been closer to 20 or so-I don't know where this video is from, maybe "Ready-Steady-Go" from the BBC? Or could be Shindig in the USA? Doesn't look like the Ed Sullivan show, but it could be, it's been awhile since I saw it.