Video Files on Forum ×

Audio Player - Help!

eponn

Hello friends of the forum! Everyday I'm more impressed with the quality of my Casio XW-P1! Unfortunately I still have some difficulties. For example, I can not use the audio player. The card is already formatted with MUSICDATA folder. I put the files. WAV her, but says no files. Am I doing something wrong? Please could someone give me a guide? Thank you!

There is an AUDIO tab on the left side of the Data Editor. This is where you take files that are on your computer and convert them to play back on the XW-P1 / G1.

The Editor has a manual that comes with it. It is a separate download.

http://support.casio...id=008&pid=1162

On page 24 of this manual it explains that the .wav file has to be converted and this the Data Editor will handle the conversion. On the following pages it explains the steps but you simply drag a file from the left side to the right side and it will be converted and copied to your SD card. You have to put the .wav files that you want to convert in your Documents/CASIO/EMI/DataeditorP1/WaveData folder for them to appear here.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, but behind my eyeballs I find it kind of peculiar that an audio file has to be converted to 42kHz in order for the XW to be able to use it: 44.1 is an industry standard, after all. I'm curious as to the thinking behind that design decision.. did the engineers think that we wouldn't need or want full CD quality, or were there limitations placed on the sample rate by the underlying hardware?