MIDI Song Software & Soundcards

Casiokid

What software are users using to edit tracks, and splitting tracks (x16), of commercial Midi songs before eventually loading them on to the MZ-X500, via USB as accompaniment files?

Yamaha Musicsoft Midi Songs I understand enable any of the sixteen tracks  of their Midi songs to be adjusted in volume etc... on certain of their keyboards.  Would these Yamaha Midi songs be anyway compatible with the MZ-X500 albeit with less functionality?

Also what soundcards are users using on their computers for playback directly into the MZ-X500, to hear what a song sounds like (monitoring) before saving edited Midi files to USB and loading into the MZ-X500?

14 minutes ago, Casiokid said:

What software are users using to edit tracks, and splitting tracks (x16), of commercial Midi songs before eventually loading them on to the MZ-X500, via USB as accompaniment files?

Yamaha Musicsoft Midi Songs I understand enable any of the sixteen tracks  of their Midi songs to be adjusted in volume etc... on certain of their keyboards.  Would these Yamaha Midi songs be anyway compatible with the MZ-X500 albeit with less functionality?

Also what soundcards are users using on their computers for playback directly into the MZ-X500, to hear what a song sounds like (monitoring) before saving edited Midi files to USB and loading into the MZ-X500?

1. Cakewalk Sonar (INS file I created allows easy interface to MX500)

2. Should be fully compatible if the Yamaha files are Type 0 or 1 MIDI

3. Currently using integrated sound on my Alienware laptop but I audition the midi directly to the MX500 from the PC with Sonar via USB Midi cable

• 1 month later...

Mr. Rick Sterling

How do I add a User Drum that we made ourselves into INS file MZ-X500?
Thank you very much...

Open the X500_DRUMS.ins file in a text editor. I recommend TEXTPAD at textpad.com as it wont screw up the line terminations in the file. Scroll down to [Casio MZ-X500 USER DRUMS] and edit the line where you have stored your User Drum kit. 

For example if you stored a user drum kit at User 621 you would change the line '0=USER 621' to '0=MyDrumKit' where MyDrumKit is the name of your kit. Then reload the INS file into your Sonar program.

Have fun!