Video Files on Forum ×

Yet another newbie question! Sample Edit screen!

moontom

I've successfully sampled in a two-bar loop using the method described for working with Pads.

I'd like to end the End time of the sample, but when I touch Sample Edit, all I get is the Start Time option, with Play button beneath it. I play and can hear the sample but there's no counter and no way to do any tweak to the End of the phrase.

thanks in advance for any/all insights

In addition to BradMZ's explanation, and if you want to be able to produce a finer edit/trim sample, use a sample editing program such as Audacity and create a WAV file.  Make sure you save the WAV file using the proper file settings (look for Casio's WAV file guidelines) because if you don't, the sample will not load.  Then, load the WAV sample directly using the Import WAV function for the Pads.  I've done this many times with great results.  You'll still need to make sure the settings for the Pads are correct so that the full sample plays back, but that's a pretty easy task.

• 2 weeks later...

Creating loops for pads is not as complicated as you might think.  No need for precisely trimming audio clips in external software or embedding loop markers in samples.  Everything is adjusted within the MZX.  Simply record something you want to loop that fits within the max alloted time, trim the start point of the sample, then adjust master tempo and pad timing unit to set the end of the loop.