Cleaning the speaker covers

DigitalHI

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a used WK-220. It's in pretty good condition, but the white speaker covers are pretty dirty. Is there an easy way to remove these covers in order to clean them? I tried gently pulling around the edges to see if they just snapped on, but they're pretty tight.

Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Hi this is the link to the service manual of a Casio 4200. it shows the covers are held down with double sided sticky tabs, so you should be able to pry them of and the felt is cheap enough on ebay to replace them and make the keyboard  look like new, I hope this is of some help to you Thanks Pete     file:///C:/Users/USER/Downloads/ctk4200.pdf

Rather than taking the keyboard to pieces you could try sprinkling the covers with talcum powder, rubbing it into the fabric with your fingers, then gently vax-ing it up.  This works best on lighter colored fabrics.

Alternatively, shaving foam (neat) is a good fabric cleaner. Just leave on covers for a while and carefully blot with a slightly damp cloth and leave to dry naturally

Edited by Casiokid
typo