How do you program Filter Sweeps? px-5s

dnite

I've been trying to program filter sweeps (I think that's what you call it) for months as any modern songs have them (like many Bruno Mars ones). Closest I've gotten is using the reverse cymbal sound (which is part of the uptown funk patch I contributed). Unfortunately I found it very hard to edit that sound, especially for length. I would like to make it longer, make ones that go down instead of up, and really moderate that reverse cymbal sound. I've been searching through downloads, have found some semi-sweeps but they usually have too much of a tone to them, not the semi white noise, so I haven't found or been able to experiment to program anything suitable. Any ideas or knowledge about how to program sweeps?  Thanks Doug

Pull up an empty user hex tone. Should sound like a basic sine wave.  Edit>tone>layer edit>change sine wave to white noise. Go to filter edit and increase resonance to desired level.  Adjust cutoff to create a sweep effect.  Play with the resonance level until the sweep sounds right.  You can assign a knob to cutoff and do the sweep real time or go ahead program the filter envelope to do it. If you use filter envelope, remember to adjust cutoff to a level at or below the intial level of the envelope. Add other layers using different filter envelope levels for each to fatten it up if you want or use effects like chorus or dsp.

• Like 1