Video Files on Forum ×

Rattling/noisy keys on WK-7600

Hi,

I owed WK-7600 for a month and I started to noticed that some keys are quite noisy when I play dynamic music - they kind of squeak and generally make sound of 15-years-old heavily used keyboard (worse than my 10yrs old Yamaha DGX 305). It is mainly the A and F keys in lower section, but also some on the right hand side. The most of the keys had some play in the horizontal direction, and the loudest keys made sounds which kind of spoil the play on built in speakers. It started to be noticeable even on headphones - not because of the sound of the keys, but the response was slightly different when I pushed the key from the side with little finger of left hand which - of course - happens a lot during normal play. So i returned it to the seller.

I would like to ask, if this is a known fault of this model or I just had a bad luck and picked defective piece. The thing is - I like a lot of the features of WK-7600 and more importantly - there is literally no competitor not only in this price range, but even in the segment of 76 key advanced keyboards. Has anyone heard of this issue or experienced it by himself? I am afraid, that this is the only model suitable for me, although my faith in Casio build quality is quite shaken.

Yes, my CTK-7200 does exactly the same thing, and elsewhere in these forums (http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/12938-keys-getting-very-noisy/), you'll find similar issues.  You pinpointed the issue, though - in order to offer these keyboards at this price, sacrifices have to be made somewhere.  Amusingly, I have a 32 year old Casio CZ-5000 with a rock solid keyboard.