iMidiPatchbay great news

PriviaMan

Hi everyone,

I thought I might share this great news, I bought imidipatchbay ipad/iphone app, to try layering more zones with my px-560, and it works,

With one master sound and extra 4 more sounds total of 5 sounds / layers with splits and full controls of all other parameters on each sound.

You can connect your ipad or iphone direct to px-560 through camera kit adapter, it works and you can save your settings on your ipad/iphone for instant re-call

Knowing this fact and with imidipatchbay app, makes px-560 capable of doing 5 zones and makes px-560 more powerful than px-5s, but if you need master controller then px-5s the way to go.

Check it out http://www.imidipatchbay.com/

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, PriviaMan said:

Hi everyone,

I thought I might share this great news, I bought imidipatchbay ipad/iphone app, to try layering more zones with my px-560, and it works,

With one master sound and extra 4 more sounds total of 5 sounds / layers with splits and full controls of all other parameters on each sound.

You can connect your ipad or iphone direct to px-560 through camera kit adapter, it works and you can save your settings on your ipad/iphone for instant re-call

Knowing this fact and with imidipatchbay app, makes px-560 capable of doing 5 zones and makes px-560 more powerful than px-5s, but if you need master controller then px-5s the way to go.

Check it out http://www.imidipatchbay.com/

Cheers,

Thank you for sharing! This is fantastic!

Are you aware of any other good IOS app for px560?

UPDATE

It seems there are good recommendations for apps in this topic as well : 

14 hours ago, Itounos said:

Thank you for sharing! This is fantastic!

Are you aware of any other good IOS app for px560?

UPDATE

It seems there are good recommendations for apps in this topic as well : 

It might be other ios apps but I am not aware of.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, kybdsammer said:

Thanks for sharing about imidipatchbay.  Regarding the camera kit adapter, did you use the Apple lightning to USB cable MD821ZM/A or do you need to use the power-capable lightning to USB 3 cable MK0W2AM?  Thanks.

I use apple cable that came with the iPad to connect to the camera kit adapter.

• 1 month later...

This is what I figured out a few months ago that worked for me. Hopefully it helps. It may be more than you needed :)

While it took a while to figure out, it really works well. And we don't really need to use the casio  controls or registration memory anymore during a performance.

iMidiPatchBay allows the PX560 to have 3 zones ( two split points ) and has the ability to octave shift the tones in those zones, so they play in the appropriate range.
Assigning channels to zones on iMIDIPatchbay is done by holding the "ON" button on the channel. It will cycle through the possible combinations.

On the PX-560 Midi Settings screen

Local Control - Off
 Midi In Port -  A

On iMIDIPatchbay -
This sets up the default sounds For example Grand Piano, Stereo Strings, Acoustic Bass, Synth strings

Master 1 -
Device Casio USB-MIDI
Channel 1
Send program change on load  - Yes
Program 0
Bank MSB 2
Bank LSB OFF

Extern 1 -
Device Casio USB-MIDI
Channel 2
Program 49
Bank MSB 2
Bank LSB OFF

Extern 2 -
Device Casio USB-MIDI
Channel 3
Program 32
Bank MSB 2
Bank LSB OFF

Extern 3 -
Device Casio USB-MIDI
Channel 4
Program 50
Bank MSB 2
Bank LSB OFF

I use this as starting point and then modify for each individual song.
From this I can easily select different tones, turn on/off channels, change number of splits, assign tone to split , etc.

In my setup I was already using OnSong for my song catalog/ set list. So I now use OnSong to send events to iMIDIPatchbay to select the song configuration.
Then as you scroll through each song in the set, OnSong sends the event to select the song configuration in iMIDIPatchbay.
Tip: I name each iMIDIPatchBay song configuration numerically for program selection and to keep them in order. Never remove an entry, keep at least the number as a placeholder.

For example -
000 Default Configuration
001 Don't Do me Like that
002 Hold the line
003 Piece of my heart

• Like 1

KevinM,

Thanks a lot for posting.  It took me a while to figure things out too and your comments were very helpful.  I didn't realize at first that there is an Appendix list of sounds that came with the PX-560 (it is also downloadable on the Casio support website).  With that list and the MSB and program numbers, you can choose any of the sounds.  And with the ease of saving setups and naming them, iMIDIPatchbay is great for quick performance changes.  

On a side note, when I first started the app, I got a message saying it would not support the next iOS.  I was concerned because I also read this online somewhere in another forum, so I contacted them and was told they will update the app before iOS 11 comes out.  If that holds true, then this is also great news.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2017 at 7:54 AM, KevinM said:

In my setup I was already using OnSong for my song catalog/ set list. So I now use OnSong to send events to iMIDIPatchbay to select the song configuration.
Then as you scroll through each song in the set, OnSong sends the event to select the song configuration in iMIDIPatchbay.

@KevinMI'm trying to figure out how to have Onsong send an event select the corresponding song in iMIDIPatchbay.  Could you provide any pointers on how to set that up? 

This is what I have and is working. Hope it helps.

-----
iMidipatch Bay with OnSong running
Global Setup
Receive program Changes - enabled
Device OnSong
Channel 1
Also I have - (This maybe the required part)
receive Program Channels on Virtual Port - enabled
Channel 1

--------
In OnSong with iMidiPatchBay running

OnSong Settings
Midi - Enabled
Destination - Select iMidiPatchBay (Virtual Connection)
Virtual MIDI - Enabled
Display - Program Changes enabled

Add Midi Event to Song Title(Hold Title until Menu appears)
Add event
Program Type
Channel 1
Program 6   (This for the 7th song configured in iMidiPatchBay, starting at 0
 So the name I have for this in iMidiPatchBay is for example "006 Love Hurts"
Bank MSB - None
Bank LSB - None

As I mentioned before the "Program" selected is based on position in iMidiPatchBay list.
I just put the number in the name for ease of reference and to make sure they are kept in order.

------
fyi - in iMidiPatchBay, I have all of the songs channels to "send Program Change on Load"