Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI connections and settings

Hamilton

Hi everbody ! 

Connecting MZX with other keyboars via MIDI connections ( MIDI IN / MIDI OUT) and trying to transmit or receive the clock signal to synchronize the rhythm , the MZ didn´t do  nothing....

I tested both connections :  MZ as master( MIDI OUT)  or slave (MIDI IN) with other keyboards and brands that I have  and only the tones are transmited or received.

It´s a basic function that the first keyboards with midi connections did  (like CT, CZ series).

I really need to use  this resource  with my  other keyboards  but the MZx doesn´t work......   The  1.4 release contemplates this setting (clock)  but  setting on or off in the menu display, the situation doesn´t change.

Someone can help, or test again to prove this problem ???    Perhaps a new release is comming and this  specific problem could be solved, ok ??

Repeating.......  It´s a basic, basic resource of the "old MIDI architeture" and the MZ  needs to do this!!!

Sorry because the text but  I don´t speak english very well      

Waiting replyes ,  thanks a lot ! 

In my experience there seems to be no uniformity among manufacturers concerning MIDI receive and transmission. i.e. I have a Korg piano that will not receive my MIDI pedalboard signals/data via MIDI IN whereas the MZ-X500 does ?   My earlier Casio keyboards like the Korg also had limited MIDI compatibility, when coupled to my bass pedals, and would only receive and transmit the default piano tone which was impossible to change.

I wish all manufactureres agreed on a universal MIDI standard