Problem with new Casio WK- 6600

Hi Everyone!

Its been about 4 months and my keyboard has been giving me problems. Specifically, the "B" note of the keyboard is sounding rather shrill and that's getting worse. I'm sure something's wrong with the speakers. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Below attached is the sound recording that describes the issue.

Voice Capture 011.m4a

Hi there and welcome to the Casio Forums. I am thinking it sounds like some resonance with the speakers or their housing. Does it sound better at lower volumes and get worse as you increase? Did you buy from a local shop?

Hello and thanks for the quick reply!

I agree with you on the housing issue, sir.

Coz when I went to the shop (from where I purchased: Vadya Sur Sangam, Nashik, Maharashtra, India ), it started sounding normally [I guess that happened during transit (maybe a loose part ??)]. But when I reach home, boo! the sounds needs fixing!

Due to this, the seller wasn't ready to repair my product.

And just to mention, I take utmost care of my instrument while using and storing (Of course, that's my first Digital Piano!) And I play the piano at medium volume most of the time. (volume doesn't seem to have any effect on the issue)

Once again, thanks Sir & have a nice day.:)

Edited by RobinsXpressions
Updated the info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

jeffshercaseyvi@yahoo.com....  Hey.... Jeff here.   Small brass, woodwind and guitar shop in Paradise. I have a DOA Casio WK-6600 from an elderly lady. I said I would have a look. Meter says 12.3V DC on the business end...  kb does not want to fire up... display is blank. Is there an internal fuse? Always happy to learn something new. thx...JB