Saving a Drum Kit Change in Registration

moontom

Stumped by this: I've set up a registration using an 8 beat basic style. I change the kit to EDM 1 in the Mixer and I get the style played on EDM 1 kit, so I save the registration right then. all good. but then if I switch to a different variation of the style, the sounds revert to the default kit! 

is there a way to save Kit changes in a registration setup?

thanks!

TM

I think you have to change the Drum kit for every part of the style i.e  from "Intro" till the "End" individually. This is because if you change the Drum kit for the "Intro", only the "Intro" part of the style (Rythm) will load that drum kit while the other parts will play the default drum kit because you did not change those kits. (I'm not sure though)

Right....that's what Ralph walks through in the video. what's strange is that it is not expressedly stated in the manual that way -- I found it after looking up creating user rhythm. didn't even search that way initially because I didn't want to create a new rhythm, just wanted different drum tones. 

thanks for the help!