Privia PX350 Automatic Sustain?

Wickedness

Hey guys! First time here!

I'm just wondering if there is any way to put the Privia PX350 into a mode of permanent sustain? (As in Always On)

I'm pretty sure it can't be done through the keyboard itself (besides Midi probably), but is there any kind of sustain pedal or such that will achieve this?

Thank you for any help, and it's a pleasure to be a part of the community!

(Please don't ask why or tell me it's better to not have sustain on all the time, I know this!)

Hey there and welcome to the Casio forums. My old trick for this is sticking a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter into the sustain port. Anything you have with a 1/4" plug on it should work: so a cable or headphones with a 1/4" plug should do the trick.

Thank you so much! Never knew that was even possible!

To anyone also looking for this in the future, here's what I did:

1. 1/4 to 1/8 into Sustain Port.

2. Aux cable (3.5mm) to 1/8 into PC headphone port. (You need an input device for the aux, a phone or anything with a aux port will work.)

That should be all! For the PX350, there's an issue though. The sustain will not stay on when restarting or hitting "Song Recorder".

The fix for that is just to plug out either of the inputs and plug it back in, and it will reactivate instantly. It's a minor annoyance, but works.

Glad it worked. I also thought of something else: A sustain pedal with a polarity switch. When you reverse polarity the action of normal pedal use is reversed. So always sustained and then when you press and hold pedal, no sustain. 

May solve the issue with the Song Recorder. Just tap the pedal again to activate sustain again. May work!