Organ rotary speed toggle?

midician

Is there  a way to  toggle the  rotary  effects speed on the  organ sounds while playing ?  I  cannot  seem to figure  that one out. Its  really important  for  Organ  ballads,  where  you can  gradually increase the  rotary  speaker speed, and slow it  down  as  part of the  expression of the  tune.

On  other  brands  like the  Kawai or  my old  Ensoniq,  one  could  toggle it on the   effects wheel or with a   foot switch or  using  velocity  sensitivity .

• Like 1

The modulation wheel or expression pedal can  be set up to change between slow and fast speeds.  I wish the sustain pedal could serve dual purpose for sustain and slow/fast rotary speaker changes like Nord does but no such luck yet. I like using some foot pedal for slow/fast changes so I can keep my hands on the keys.

How  do  you set  up  the  mod  wheel  to  change  the  slow/fast  Leslie effect?  The  assignable foot pedal only offers Soft and Sostenuto  as  options.  The pitch bend wheel is not  programmable   from  what  I can see.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I checked it yesterday.

CC 12-19  do not control drawbars. However I use a different approach.

Have a studio set with at least 8 B3s. On each channel only one pipe(harmonic) is on.

MIDI controller configured to control volume of these channels(like 8 sliders controls volume of 8 channels individually).

I do this on FA08 since PX does not provide access to drawbars settings.

About the rotation speed - I tested it yesterday - there is a  simple MIDI CC which controls the speed.

I do not remember the code but you should be able to find it yourself easily.

PX does not have articulation pedal(assignable) as other synth may.

Plus I did not check whether PX supports this code(I think it should  because this is a standard CC).

On FA 08 the speed can be controlled and changed smoothly if you know which code to assign to a knob or a slider or to a pedal.

• 8 months later...

Hi...in my case I don't currently need any of the Function Switches as all amp changes are via midi. The Mobius has a an option to use the exp pedal in for various different functions. I think one of them is to toggle the rotary speed. It should presumably be possible to use the function sw out to control the rotary speed via the Strymon EXP Pedal input? It would still be cleaner all round if I can find a way to use Midi CC.

turnkey pcb assembly

Edited by BurchSung