Video Files on Forum ×

Px5-s: controlling Stage Settings and Local sound generator from MainStage

sliverdave04

Good morning everybody :)

I would like to use my PX5s in live situation both as a stage piano and a master keyboard.
At the moment I am using it only as a master keyboard controlling MainStage because I don't know:

1) how to to change stage settings on my Px5s from Maintsage (though I know I can send program change, MSB and LSB messages from it).
2) if possible, how to mute and activate the local sound generator from MainStage via midi message. In fact when I want to play Mainstage's plugin and VSTs the sound generator should be, of course, off.
But when I want to play my PX5s sounds  I should  change stage setting (as requested in point 1) and at the same time, of course, activate the local sound generator.

Could you suggest me a way to do this?

PS
I have also a Korg R3 and an iPad running through my PX5s line in connections...I am wondering what happen to their signal if I turn on and off the local sound generator...will I be able to listen to them?

Stage setting change settings are under system settings in the PX-5S.  Local control settings are saved in each zone of each stage setting. No need to send local control messages from Mainstage. By editing stage setting ...zone ...midi edit...gen out...off/on, you can determine wether a zone sounds the internal sounds or not.  

Line inputs are audio, not midi. Local control has no effect on line inputs.