Problem with date/time stamp on files recorded with Audio Recorder

Composer

I recently bought a PX-560M.  When I record songs played on the keyboard to a USB flash drive using the Audio Recorder (the files are saved as WAV files), all the files have the same date/time stamp: 1/24/13 10:00 AM.  What can be done so that the files have the correct date/time stamp?

Thanks, BradMZ.  As far as I am aware, one can edit certain file properties on a computer, but not the date/time stamp (e.g., the "Date Created"), at least in Windows 10.  If you know of a way to edit the date/time stamp on a computer, please let us know.  And having to rename the files on a computer using a date defeats the purpose of being able to record songs on the fly directly to a USB flash drive connected to the keyboard using the audio recorder or MIDI recorder.  If we wanted to use a computer, we could make the recording using a DAW on the computer.  The advantage of having the audio recorder and MIDI recorder functions on the keyboard is to enable recordings to be made without having to use a computer.

Having an accurate date/time stamp reflecting when a file is created is important for many reasons (e.g., knowing when a particular version of a recording was made in relation to other versions).  It is surprising that the PX-560 would not have this capability.  If it doesn't currently, can Casio provide it in a firmware update ASAP?

I don't know offhand whether other keyboard brands have built-in calendars, but some of them do enable you to name a file with a name other than TAKE00, TAKE01, etc.  This raises another problem with renaming the Casio files on a computer.  If you rename, say, TAKE01 using a date, then the next time you record a new file to the same USB flash drive using the PX-560, it will name that new file TAKE01 (since that name is now available and is the lowest numerical TAKE number not in use).  This makes it difficult to track which files are recorded most recently.

As is noted in one of the posts above, while you can rename the files, in the folder properties (as well as the file properties) no "date modified" field is shown in Windows 10, and we are not aware of a way to modify the date/time stamp (e.g., as noted above, the "Date Created" is always 1/24/13 10:00 AM).  If there is a way to modify the date/time stamp, please describe it step by step.

I don't use Win 10 but all previous versions of Windows lets you customize a folders view properties so all files in the folder will show the properties you want.. I'd be very surprised if this was suddenly unavailable in Win 10 - it's a crucial feature.  If you can't figure out in Win 10 and another user here can't help perhaps google, youtube or Windows forum.  

I don't think Windows has a built-in way to modify the date/time stamp of a file. But there are apparently freeware utilities that can do it.

As for real-time clocks (RTCs) in keyboards (which is what you need for date/time stamping of files) they do indeed seem to be rare. But it is not primarily because of cost (implied by mentioning the Kronos, which has one mainly because it is literally based on computer hardware). RTCs are very inexpensive to implement, even as a discrete chip (I have designed with several). Rather, there hasn't really been a compelling reason to have one in a keyboard. There still isn't, IMO, the OP's wishes notwithstanding.  

I don't think Windows has a built-in way to modify the date/time stamp of a file.

I think you misunderstood. The idea is not to modify the date/time of the creation date, it's to add an additional field in the "details" to show "date modified". I've been able to do this with every version of Windows since 3.0. (YEP I'M OLD! LOLOLOLOLOL)

You know there also is  VERY simple workaround is to just add the date at the beginning of the file name when you rename it. That way, when you sort by name it will by date. 

Ex. 03-15-17-1-Piano-Song
      03-15-17-2-Piano-Song2

The last thing I will add: The built-in USB recorder is not intended to replace a professional DAW or hardware DAR - it's more meant as a scratch pad to capture ideas. Unless you are recording some heavily layered hex SS or a full MIDI "performace", the level of a solo piano recorded on the USB is not really loud enough for a "pro" recording. Yes you can boost/normalize, but that does add some noise to the recording. 

Just my 2 cents and worth exactly that. LOLOLOLOl

• Like 1

I did not misunderstand. I was addressing the original question: "What can be done so that the files have the correct date/time stamp?"

Your answer was a workaround using the file modification date. I was not replying to that. Even after you posted your workaround he said

"..we are not aware of a way to modify the date/time stamp (e.g., as noted above, the "Date Created" is always 1/24/13 10:00 AM). If there is a way to modify the date/time stamp, please describe it step by step."

So I presumed your workaround was not good enough. Hey, it's a tough room.