Video Files on Forum ×

CC Chords

Well, here is what I do. I turn on the power, hit Tone, key in 021 for soft piano. Then I hit Rhythm then hold down Part Select. At that point F1 shows up. I hit the + key three times until CC is posted. At that point I hit Part Select again. I try the keyboard and the chords are there. But as I mentioned, they sound more like an organ than the soft piano. My model is CTK-2090. Thanks.

This is a trait common to ALL arranger keyboards, regardless of manufacturer or model, when a chord is played at the left of the keyboard with auto-accompaniment turned on, but the rhythm not running (not playing).  Even the auto-accompaniment on my 40 year old Lowery "Carnival" organ works this way.  On some models, it has a basic organ type sound, as you describe, on others it is a basic strings like sound, while on others, it has the sound of a synth pad.  I have always just referred to it as the "rhythmless" or "steady-state" auto-accompaniment "drone".  Whatever the sound, it is an integral part of the keyboard's operating system and can not be changed.  On models that allow you to "split" the keyboard, if you want "steady state" or "rhythmless" left hand chords with the sound of your choice, then you need to stay away from the "CC" (Casio Chord) auto-accompaniment, all together.  Leave auto-accompaniment turned off.  Just assign the sound of your choice to the right hand part, split the keyboard, assign the sound of your choice to the left hand (split) part, and play your own chords.  Of couse, this means you do not have access to the "CC" simplified chord system, but it is a good incentive to learn to play your own chords.  Unfortunately, the CTK-2090 does not have a "split" feature, so you would have to just leave auto-accompaniment turned off - that is, don't use "CC".  That will allow the piano tone to spread itself across the entire keyboard, but you will have to make your own chords with your left hand.