Video Files on Forum ×

Firmware

gumpman155

I would like to see in the next firmware update the ability to make the MZ X 300/ 500 in to a full blown computer sound card. It would allow you to have 2 way audio through USB as well as 2 way MIDI through USB. It would support AOSIO 2.0 drivers for low latency on audio recording and soft synth instruments. It would support VST and DXI effects and soft synth instruments. This away if you have a laptop or desktop running Windows 10 or Mac OS 10 or even Linux/Unix you will be able to have much better audio and midi sound then what on board sound cards offer on a PC or Mac. I hope that CASIO reads this because this would go well with CASIO epically if a version of the MZ X 300/ 500 came out in a desktop module that could be hooked up to any midi controller keyboard or midi controller device.

I would like to see in the next firmware update the ability to make the MZ X 300/ 500 in to a full blown computer sound card. It would allow you to have 2 way audio through USB as well as 2 way MIDI through USB. It would support AOSIO 2.0 drivers for low latency on audio recording and soft synth instruments. It would support VST and DXI effects and soft synth instruments. This away if you have a laptop or desktop running Windows 10 or Mac OS 10 or even Linux/Unix you will be able to have much better audio and midi sound then what on board sound cards offer on a PC or Mac. I hope that CASIO reads this because this would go well with CASIO epically if a version of the MZ X 300/ 500 came out in a desktop module that could be hooked up to any midi controller keyboard or midi controller device.

I think you would need hardware support for 2 way audio over USB ... doubt very much they could add this feature with just firmware.

I bought the MZ X 500 and I really like it, it has sounds that are very much like the Roland/ Korg  arranger keyboards combined in to 1. I got it from zounds.com at a very good discount and was able to split it up in to 12 monthly payments. This keyboard really kicks _ _ _