Video Files on Forum ×

Using PX 5S as a controller for Virtual synths - Midi range

smithh

Hello everyone,

I really need help, really ....  I am using my excellent PX 5S *also* as a controller for some virtual instruments, running in stand alone mode, on my Macbook.  They are Analog Lab from Arturia and M1 from Korg.  When a press a key on the virtual keyboards, using a mouse, I get the full rich sound of the note. When I press a key on the PX 5S, even if I press very hard, it is clearly not sending full velocity to the virtual instrument.  Has anyone encountered this when using virtual instruments, and what can be done about it? 

Sincerely,

Howard Smith

The keyboard has velocity sensitivity settings.  It is under system settings button.  You can set velocity sense to light or even off.  When it is set to off, the velocity value sent is set by the touch off setting just below regardless of the speed keys are depressed.  I would start there to check things out. Just for clarity, are you striking the keys very fast but lightly?  The keyboard repsonds to velocity, not pressure. Imagine swatting a fly.  

Thanks for the reply. I will do some tests. It appears to be more complex than I thought. For example, with Pianoteq 5 virtual instrument all is well. The sounds from the virtual keyboard and the sounds as played by PX 5S controller are identical. The same is true of Una Corda plugin for Kontact Player. I will also test the Korg and Arturia instruments using a different keyboard.  Will report back.