Having trouble recording music on my PX-330

Nick C

Nick

I'm afraid your post is a little too general.  Are you using the "Song" recording procedure on Page 34 of the manual or the "Specific Track" recording procedure on Pages 35 and 36, and do you notice any indications (flashing LED's/non-flashing LED's, etc.) that are not "per the manual" during recording set up or during the recording process?  I will cover a couple of common mistakes to possibly get you going.

If you are trying to start with the "Specific Track" recording procedure on Pages 35 and 36, that will not work.  That procedure is for adding tracks to a song that was previously recorded with the "Song" recording procedure on Page 34.  You must start with the procedure on Page 34 to generate the System Track, which will record, not only your initial note data, but the all-important Song Header information.  Then you can go to the procedure on Pages 35 and 36 and add additional tracks.

With the procedure on Page 34, you must press the RECORD button TWICE to put the PX-330 into RECORD STANDBY mode. The RECORD LED will flash to indicate this.  Recording will begin automatically when you begin to play and will be automatically saved to internal song memory when you press the STOP button.  If you just press the RECORD button once and begin playing, your performance will not be recorded.

Good luck !