AlanLaBudde

tommorrow or the next day i'm going to try a moog ep3 expression pedal with the privia 560

any tips?

im mainly interested in good wah like sounds

i'd especially like to control the LFO in the flanger or phaser dsp set at "random" waveform

sigh

but alas there is only one dsp for all the 17 midi record tracks...well maybe two ...i think someone said the rhythm section could have one?

is there another way to get  good distorted seperate wahs or some kind of distortion  going for the other tracks? using what is controlable other than the dsps?

that sure would be something....

my wish list for Casio is sounds like the new arrangers have like yamahas sweet and (?) sounds only that are more dirty "articulated distortion grunge" sounds....

hopefully i can download some soon

along with reverb etc being non dsp they should have some sort of distortion channel all its own for all 17 tracks i think.

does anyone know if the 560 can handle those new arranger keyboard sounds...not from yamaha but casio? that do glissandos, overblowing etc...that would be great.....

oh yes my 560 says assignable and damper on the back for pedals........

can i run a sustain pedal i got for free through the damper jack????or would it also have to go through the assignable? orrr can i use the moog ep3 as a sustain also by changing the parameters on the keyboard?????? i know it sounds stupid -and maybe is- saying can a damper be a sustain...but....one never knows these days.....

thanks for putting up with me,

alan

well the pedal worked fine sort of....

when trying to assign it to distortion dsp effects i thought i was going to blow my speakers...luckily the volume was way down...

youd think distortion wouldnt be involved with volume except for the gain setting which i didn't touch...its a type of timbre not volume related i thought....

if Casio is listening i think they should have a meter that forbids the settings to overdrive the speakers????? or the recorder....audio etc.

The distortion DSP effect works like this. Dist Gain is the virtual amp gain control . As the gain increases, so does volume and distortion.  Even more distortion can be achieved by boosting tone amp volume level to maximum.  You'll need to offset the volume boost caused by increasing gain by reducing the DSP effect output level (Dist Level).  Hint: This is where target two of the the pedal comes into use again.  Reverse the min max values for level to offset gain. 

• Like 2