new member, just got MX-500

dalekwars

Hi There,

brand new to this forum. I Have just purchased the MX-500 for myself in the UK and what a fantastic keyboard! There is no doubt that Casio are going to challenge the big players with this keyboard.

I am a professional musician and run my own company producing albums for the ballroom and Latin market around the world and have had quite a few hit albums in the last few years. I use Mainly the Yamaha PSR S 950 and the korg PA3X in my studio.  I had never until the Mx-500 considered Casio seriously as their keyboards didn't have the quality of styles, sounds and effects etc to be considered professional enough. A few thoughts for anyone reading this....

What makes an arranger?? the bottom line apart from all it's features is how good the styles are...This is where Yamaha rule as korg also has great issues with providing decent styles.   I have just downloaded the new styles available for the Mx-500 and they prove without doubt what it can do as they are better than the factory styles....so please please Casio produce more please as this is what is needed most urgently. For performers and musicians like me although it is fun to try and create styles having a brilliant library is so important. I noticed with pleasure the addition on the Mp3 player on the firmware update 1.04   what a fantastic addition and brings it almost in line with the new Yamaha arrangers....If Casio can do this how about one more thing which the keyboard is sadly lacking for the next update.......the addition of more intro's and endings which surely can be added and then assigned to the intro and endings buttons....2 is just not enough!!   I can't think of anything else this wonderful machine needs to put it directly against the likes of the PSR S 970 etc....come on Casio you have gone this far!!   Any comments please say hello....I am producing my 2 new albums ready for release in the summer and already supplying 6 countries apart from the Uk and at this point will let everyone hear what I have incorporated from the new Casio.......one last comment....why on earth have Casio not launched this in the UK???  I had to purchase from the Netherlands and when I asked Casio Uk there was no proper answer...is the UK so dominated by Yamaha and Korg and Roland that our dealers are so resistant ( Or frightened to challenge the big boys who make up most of their stock!) 

Interested to hear from anyone else in the Uk who had to order from Europe!!

• Like 2

Hi again just to add to my first post...here is an example of what an arranger can do....this track which is based on Variations on a theme by Paganini I used as the opening for my last concert here in the UK. One arranger...no tricks ...obviously I do have many years of classical training but all tracks sequenced using the keyboard which was the PSR S950 ...can't wait to see what I can do with the Casio!!   This tune is obviously copyright free, but the arrangement by me is protected by copyright bu do feel free to share.

16 - paganini.mp3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dalekwars said:

Hi again just to add to my first post...here is an example of what an arranger can do....this track which is based on Variations on a theme by Paganini I used as the opening for my last concert here in the UK. One arranger...no tricks ...obviously I do have many years of classical training but all tracks sequenced using the keyboard which was the PSR S950 ...can't wait to see what I can do with the Casio!!   This tune is obviously copyright free, but the arrangement by me is protected by copyright bu do feel free to share.

16 - paganini.mp3

Nice! Of course Nicolò would have a fit! ;-)

Hi Rick,

just a quick question as I am obviously new to the Casio way of doing things. I noticed that you can load samples into the Mx and also spotted some samples for download for the PX560 of a Steinway and Bosendorfer.. could they be loaded into the MX ???   thanks David

22 hours ago, dalekwars said:

....why on earth have Casio not launched this in the UK???  I had to purchase from the Netherlands and when I asked Casio Uk there was no proper answer...is the UK so dominated by Yamaha and Korg and Roland that our dealers are so resistant ( Or frightened to challenge the big boys who make up most of their stock!) 

Interested to hear from anyone else in the Uk who had to order from Europe!!

Hi Dalekwars,

Im in the UK too and have also just purchased the mz-X500 from The Netherlands. It due for delivery today. Each dealer I tried told me that same story more or less. Its crazy that its not marketed on the UK. "It's for the European Market" I was told.  Thought the UK was still in Europe!!! Looking forward to it's arrival.

Hi @dalekwars , and welcome to the club :)
I'm a proud owner of the MZ-X500, this is the first Casio instrument I bought and I'm really impressed by MZ X capabilities. I came from a Korg Pa600, a great instrument but too complex for my own needs, lack of hardware controls (knobs & sliders) and rhythm & sound programming really difficult to get, even more difficult than my MOX6 with it's tiny display. The MZ X has almost all under your finger tips, very intuitive interface, plenty of hardware controls and relatively easy to program and understand.
For my personal experience the MZ X is a very inspiring instrument and incredibly fun to play.