Error - no media

HeftCD

Hi,

I have bought my PX 5S now 2 years ago (~ 14 month) for only 1100,- € in my instrument shop.

Everytime I had time, I played (1/2 hour, 5 - 3 times a week or less, after work)

For year ago, sometimes a boot ended with: Error - no media.

Ok, I pressed start button again and switched it off, and pressed start button again - then it worked fine again.

But today I get this message every time as I want to start it.

It shows the PRIVIA logo on LCD fist, counts on the left side through all tones while showing: Please wait! on LCD and ends in: Error - no media, while flashing with blue LEDs on the right side (stage setting)I made i video of this.

What can I do, to play again?

Many thanks

20170328_105656_1.mp4

~14 MB, mp4 video

Are you running firmware version 1.13?

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/announcement/4-make-sure-you-are-using-firmware-version-113/

If so, see some other threads on the topic. But for most people, once they are running 1.13 the problem goes away. The other threads have a link to a survey about this if you are running 1.13. Put the update on a USB stick and do the update even if you have it.

well thanks for answering ...

I never updated so far. Even if I found the video from Mike Martin on youtube - long time before I bought the piano.

Because I'm not so famous with flashing firmware (also same problem on PC - never flashed anything), I thought it would run without any changings, too.

But I just downloaded the file and copied the update.bin to root of a stick. (but will need to backup all files and videos on that stick first.

Will I need to press any key or button to proceed the update?

Because so far it does not react on any key/button press, wenn booted.

And homepage says:

"4. Press the "POWER" button and execute "Update Firmware" in the System Setting Menu. " and a paragraph above:

"After the update, you need to run the “Initialize All”."

• 3 years later...

Just ran into the same problem. Am now reloading the firmware and hoping like hell that it works!!...(time passes)...Wow! Worked like a charm! Let the music begin!

Edited by shel
Success with the firmware
  • Like 1