Video Files on Forum ×

THE ROLE OF MUSIC IN OUR LIVES

The problem of music in the world is that it is such a varied form of expression. It has been spread into many genres that will take the listener through different worlds every day. The listener will hear music that speaks to their mood, and they likely have a particular type of music that will be more impactful than another. Everyone who wishes to ensure they are enjoying music must allow it to be a part of their daily life. They may not realize the power that music has, and they may not notice how much it changes the way they interact with the world. 

music 

#1: THE PROBLEM OF MUSICAL TASTE 
music-1428660_960_720.jpg 
Everyone has their own taste in music, and it often causes divides in how music is perceived. Someone who loves a certain type of music may be quite invested in that sort of music, and they will not leave room for other types of music to be played. That is a problem that causes issues for people around the world as they battle over who must listen to what style of music. 

There is quite a divide in the world over classical music and popular music. Popular music falls into a number of categories, and the music is fighting a war withe classical music that neither will win. Someone who is interested in one style or another must ensure they have found a style they enjoy, and they must be willing to branch oout to listen to other styles. 

#2: THE ROLE OF MUSIC IN OUR LIVES 

The problem of music in the world is that it is such a varied form of expression. It has been spread into many genres that will take the listener through different worlds every day. The listener will hear music that speaks to their mood, and they likely have a particular type of music that will be more impactful than another. Everyone who wishes to ensure they are enjoying music must allow it to be a part of their daily life. They may not realize the power that music has, and they may not notice how much it changes the way they interact with the world. 

#3: MUSICAL HOBBIES 
Musician-Country-Song-Banjo-Guitar-Ukule 

Musical hobbies in the world are quite a lot of fun, and they may be turned into careers. The players who start as hobbyists are excited as they have found an instrument they love or a song they Musical Hobbieslike to sing. The modern world offers quite a few opportunities to use the Internet to learn how to play an instrument, and there are quite a few lessons someone may find that will show them how to play an instrument or sing. The lessons that are found online have been created by a number of people, and they range in experience from the beginner to the expert. 

Someone who takes up singing and playing the guitar will notice how simple it is to do the things their favorite artists do, and they may do so for leisure. The art of practicing for thousands of hours will change the way the player approaches the instrument. They will be quite intrigued by the way they may play, and they may learn to play in a style that is unique to them and them alone. The person who is interested in learning to play an instrument as a master may go to school for just such an occasion, or they may study voice in the same manner. Anyone who wants to play music must do so as soon as they realize what it is they want, and they must not stop until they are pleased with how they play. 

#4: MUSIC AND MOOD 

Music and mood go together like no two other things, and they must be considered as one when the mood is changed by music. Music may be used to help keep someone upbeat, and it will be used when someone is in a bad mood. They may use music to go into a dark place, and music will speak to all the things that are happening in the listener’s soul. There are quite a few people who have a particular reaction to certain types of music, and that music will always give them such a reaction. Memories may be tied so closely to music that they cannot be changed, and the person who is listening to same music many times over will find it quite possible that their body shifts the second they begin to listen to a certain type of music.Try Music Today 

#5: MUSIC THERAPY 
Matt_Berninger_of_The_National_at_Tanzbr 
Music is so closely tied to mood that it is used as a form of therapy that anyone will benefit from. It is taken to children with special needs, and it is used with those who have terrible diseases. Music has been shown to offer some of the finest results in the world of therapy, and it will often help change the mood in a hospital ward because a bit of music will give everyone a reason to smile. The music that is played is often chosen to ensure everyone has a better mood, and the music may be chosen simply because it is the favorite of someone who is listening. 

#6: MUSIC IS EVERYWHERE 

We are cataloging and listening to music every day, and there are quite a few places where this happens. The Library of Congress and National Endowment for the Arts are helping source and list all the music that has been made in America, and every country around the world makes the same effort with its own music. 

Music is on every radio, and it is used in movies and TV to ensure that moods are displayed. Music is all around the people who walk on the street every day, and they are often in the perfect position to change the way they feel because of the music that has been played. Someone may hear a piece of music when they are about the town that makes them feel a certain way, and it will change their day. Music cannot be escaped, and it is made quite often to express an emotion hidden inside the musician.Music And Mood 

#7: WHY IS MUSIC IMPORTANT? 
party-1540720_960_720.jpg 
Music is important because it must be allowed to spread to all corners of the world regardless of what style it is. The person who is invested in music will have a greater life because they are experiencing more of life, and they will begin to understand what other people think about the world around them. Celebrity Connected can give you an opportunity to take part in various events connected with music. The music that is played every day may come from a person who learned how to play on their own, and they will show what side of themselves they believe must go into their music. 

#8: MUSIC IS OFTEN LIFELONG 

There are many songs and pieces that are seen as lifelong pieces of music because they stick with the people who hear them. They find these songs to be songs about their own lives, and they will share them with others. The sharing of music is something that will alter a life, and the music that is shared will be shared many more times as people learn what is most important to their friends and loved ones.interested in music 

#9: TRY MUSIC TODAY 
3509507274_0302abe8b9.jpg 
Someone may believe that they are not all that interested in music, but they likely have not tried the new songs or top songs that have just come out. Someone who is willing to invest some time in free music services will find there are many songs to listen to, and they may listen in any genre they like. There are singing games that people may try if they want to get into music, and they may play apps on their mobile devices that will help them learn more about music. 

#10: WHO NEEDS MUSIC MOST? 

Everyone needs music because the human body was built to accept music and enjoy it. Music is something that will soothe the soul when it is enjoyed often, and it must be used to ensure that life is worth living. The life that does not have music in it is empty, and it is missing something that cannot be replaced. The person who is not listening to music today may be persuaded when they find something that sounds right to their ears. The music will be used in all the parts of their life, and they will not feel as though they are in a place where they cannot move or breathe. Music may cure them, and they must share it with others. 

The role of music in our lives is obvious, and it is everywhere we go. We cannot get by without music, and we cannot pretend that music will not help change and shape our lives. Looking at the National Endowment for the Arts or Library of Congress jukebox may be a fine start for any music lover. Allowing music to make a change in your life may be the smartest thing you will ever do, and it will become a part of the fabric of your story in this life or the next. 
Musical styles are tested every day by those who are wishing to use online music services such as Spotify and Pandora. They are given many options to try other musical genres that they have not tried before, and they will begin to notice they enjoy more than the music they grew up with. A broad base of musical taste will allow the listener to enjoy more things than normal, and they will continue to grow their musical tastes over the years given how much they have tried and enjoyed.

And yet music in our schools-where music can have a real impact on many people-is still considered a 2nd class citizen in the world of US music education. I know, I struggled to survive for 30 years in my school district, being laid off 3 times and lived to see my music program completely eliminated, only to be reinstated at a lower salary, which was a sacrifce I had to make or walk away and watch my 20 years already in the  program I had built disappear. I taught special needs students, "mainstreamed" students and children from pre-k to 8th, as well as "at risk" students who I hope all benefited in some way to what I tried to give them.

My drumming early on had been therapy for me so i agree completely on this-at least it prevented me from beating up the guitar players in my bands (only kidding)! This actually contributed to and was part of my educational philosophy going in that i could reach kids that might not be able to fit into the usual educational "mold", (and not beating up guitar players :D)

I had already taught privately and been playing in jazz groups professionally before i could drive a car-my drum teacher had to drive me to gigs and i loved it plus it hellped bring money to my family-now try to find a place around my area where there is live music outside colleges and NYC-most places I played as a kid are long gone.

This was a prelude to my baptism by fire in the life of an American school music director. and surprisingly....although I hope this has changed recently....many of the teaching techniques I had to use were European-Kodaly, Orff....American music education models were still unfortunately woefully not up to the task of what I needed to do to survive in a typical music classroom environment-I thank my very hard working professors for giving me the tools I would need to teach huge classes every day-I had a typical load of 300+ students per week-I taught all grade levels, chorus, band, directed all shows and plays, graduations, town music activities with the sometime assistant of the school's gym teacher thank you Phil wherever you are (another program that was quick to go on the chopping bllock). This was fairly typical for a music teacher in the US at the time, and I was considered "part-time' and paid accordingly! Yes I ended up being very worn out. My replacement quit after a year, which is understandable, although I left every support mechanism I could-lesson plans, guides for my classes and shows I had directed over the years but....

Until our educational system understands the value of music as you have so eloquently stated, I fear that not much will change, although there are certainly some school systems that are more supporitive and i think many of the recent media sources are bringing an awareness that did not exist until fairly recently-my new location in Pennsylvania has a school system with an outstanding music program, very well supported with many opportunities for vocal/instrumental performance, dramtic performances and developing musical/performance skills. Which sadly, surprised me since many of the schools in my original area could barely support any music programs at all.  And now politically it seems it will be even worse, sigh!  Very fine posting, thanks for putting it out.

Jokeyman123 - did you consider an option to start your own musical academy?

It is pointless to study music without desire.
It is pointless to perform below your level.
It is hopeless to burn your desire to perform for nothing while a teacher does not pay any attention to your talant.

I think all this you can easily meet at any school.

The major problem of the school -  it cannot afford to have individual approach for each student in every subject not just in music.
From my experience kids succeed at disciplines which they develop independently from school.