anyone else getting screen freezes?

AlanLaBudde

ok ...so i've chosen an organ sound then try out different reverb settings on the fly switching from stadium to long delay? and my screen freezes ...and...i have to do an on off hard shut down...which fixes it....anyone else getting this? do i need to not touch the piano while switching revrb settings or also do i have to wait for the tone to stop reverberating? hmmmmmm

this is on the 560 firmware 1.12

Yes, I have had several screen freezes over the last year since purchase.  Have updated to Firmware 1.10 and that didn't change the freezes.  So not firmware related.   

I find it happens only when editing sounds.  If i jump around 'too fast' changing parameters, it can freeze. 

Seems like the processor can't keep up.  By giving it, say ten seconds, sometimes it catches up.  Other times I have to power off.

Certainly frustrating if you've just spent a while modifying a tone. 

However, the usual rule applies - keep saving your modifications !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this Piano that full of bugs? I've been reading the forums and there are so many complains about "standard" functionality, things that are supposed to work out of the box and they simply don't. I was very close to buying this keyboard when I found these forums. I started reading about all the issues you guys have had and now, honestly, I'm doubting if I should do it.

It looks like the basic piano sound is fine. No one has complained about it. So, I'm guessing that at least I'd get a Digital Piano. But if I'm paying 1200€ for a keyboard, I'd like to have all the extra features it advertises. Otheriwse, I can go for the PX360 and save myself 200 - 300€. I currently own a Yamaha P155 but I want to upgrade to a "richer" device. I was inclined towards the PX360/560 because of its friendly interface and plethora of features. But if I'm getting a buggy machine ... I think I'd rather stay with my current keyboard. 

How often do you say you get these screen freezes? Is it avoidable? Is there a work-around? Should I be considering a different brand at all? 

Thanks!