Video Files on Forum ×

CS-67 Stand

Chris__M

So, a new PX-560 owner. I currently have it on a X stand, which I am perfectly happy with for playing stability. However, leaving it set up in a busy household, I am considering the CS-67 stand, which will also let me go for the pedal board.

So I wondered what people's opinion of the CS-67 is, particularly with regard to how simple it is to remove the keyboard for the odd occasion I want to take it out and about with me. Is it easy to get out and refit, and will doing so repeatedly have a detrimental effect on the stand?

I notice that the stand comes with a reinforcement bar that needs to be bolted to the base of the piano. Does this protrude or otherwise get in the way, when using the piano on an portable stand? Or does it need to be removed each time?

Hi Chris,

Yes, I bought the stand and pedal board and am pleased with it.

The keyboard is held to the stand with four thumb screws, one in each corner, underneath.

It's quite simple to release them using finger and thumb. I lay on my back with my head on the pedal board.

The metal reinforcing bar does protrude below the bottom surface of the keyboard, being situated towards the front underneath the keys themselves.

It's fairly easy to disconnect using a cross head screwdriver. I don't think you'd want it on for anything other than the CS67 stand.

I don't think removing it will affect the stand, more eventual wear and tear on the screw sockets in the 560.

Because the cradle for the 560 is at either end of the stand, it's pretty essential, I would have thought, to have it on when mounted on the CS67.

• Like 1