Frankfurt Music Messe 2017

Hi,

Really surprised and confused that one of the biggest music fairs in the world is almost over with virtually no mention of Casio.

No new models launched, no software updates, no videos (that I can find) on youtube and more unusually complete silence from Casio users, retailers

and Management.

I don't mean to offend anybody with my comments but I honestly expected a bit more from Casio after a quiet NAMM in January.

Chris

p.s. Even these forums seem quiet compared to previous years. Paricularly on the PX5-S threads and downloads sections.

I do hope that Casio's continued low-key demeanour lately is a case of "no news is good news" due to Casio being just way too busy developing cutting-edge new products (or, at least, not dull-edged products :)) to devote much attention to something as trivial as PR. Or let's go with the "calm before the storm" metaphor. 

But Casio did announce new products at NAMM in January.

http://www.casio.com/news/detail/casio-to-introduce-new-electronic-musical-instruments-at-winter-namm-2017

There was even a thread about it.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/12930-namm-2017/&

I get why some here might be disappointed with those announcements. Those aren't really products on my radar, either. But that doesn't mean Casio has been quiet as far as EMI. I wouldn't expect nor want them to announce too many new products at once nor even close together as that can cause some products to be lost in the shuffle. Also, Music Meese is a different market than NAMM. Casio sells different products in different regions so what gets a big push in the U.S. might not even be available in Europe or something.

Hi Joe,

thanks for the post,

I for one am not disappointed about the entry level keyboards. Anything that encourages beginners into becoming potential musicians is fine by me.

The GP300 was launched at NAMM in January, but basically as a white piano (it was already available in black I think) which, although it looks very nice

is not really 'breaking new ground'.

I'm probably being a bit selfish here, but I'm eagerly awaiting a replacement for the PX5-S. Now or 2018 would be about the right time for it.

Chris

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, Joe Muscara said:

But Casio did announce new products at NAMM in January.

http://www.casio.com/news/detail/casio-to-introduce-new-electronic-musical-instruments-at-winter-namm-2017

There was even a thread about it.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/12930-namm-2017/&

I get why some here might be disappointed with those announcements. Those aren't really products on my radar, either. But that doesn't mean Casio has been quiet as far as EMI. I wouldn't expect nor want them to announce too many new products at once nor even close together as that can cause some products to be lost in the shuffle. Also, Music Meese is a different market than NAMM. Casio sells different products in different regions so what gets a big push in the U.S. might not even be available in Europe or something.

Sure, there are new products. But they are all relatively minor variations on existing ones apart from the Chordana Play app, which really is new. The development resources necessary for what they showed would not keep a fraction of the engineers at Casio busy. Add in firmware upgrades for the newer pro keyboards (MZ-X500 and PX-560) and it's still not enough to keep them all busy. So I hope that means they are really busy on other, more important things.

I can tell you what the folks at Casio don't seem to be busy doing. They don't seem to be busy doing tutorials for their latest pro keyboards. I don't have an MZ-X500 but I would say both from its feature set and from the lack of detail in the manuals that users would really benefit from some of those. They don't seem busy launching Casio Cast. Nor do I see them doing a lot of artist-related promotional stuff lately, not like they were doing with the XW synths. So I maintain that Casio's PR's efforts have been low key lately. If they don't step it up soon they risk losing the momentum in the pro market they gained with the PX-5S (and to a much lesser extent the XW synths).