Video Files on Forum ×

Pedal working backwards for upper 2 control

PeterF

Have had my PX 560 for a couple of weeks now. Am trying to configure it to switch Upper 2 on when I press the assignable expression pedal. I plugged the pedal that came with the Casio into the assignable pedal socket. Calibrated it. Then set it to control Upper 2 on/off. Default seems to be on and I have to press the pedal to turn off Upper 2. I found a work around which is to tell the instrument that it has a foot switch attached rather than an expression pedal. Then works fine. 

I tried setting the pedal to expression pedal and the target as expression but same problem. 

What I want is to have the piano on Upper 1 and then to bring Upper 2 in with the expression pedal. 

I have set the Mod wheel to Upper 2 volume  and that works a treat.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks for the reply BradMZ. Had not realised that the pedal that came with the Casio was a foot swtich. 

My working backwards problem came from me holding the footswitch down before pressing the registration button which brought in the upper 1 piano and upper 2 strings. If i press the registration button first all works the right way round i.e footswitch down string on with piano, footswitch up piano only.

Have also set the modulation wheel to upper 2 volume but have noticed that when I switch to the registration that has both voices active it does not read the modulation setting until I move the wheel. Have experimented with the Max and Min settings to make sure that the volume on switch over is reasonable , and then can adjust with the mod wheel if necessary.