Wk7600 grand piano in live use

Hi, my name is Julian and I'm a gigging musician. I have been looking for a keyboard with great acustic piano sound (it's almost all I care for), lightweight, that doesn't cost a fortune. I came across many tutorials and demos of this wk7600 model. To me it looks amazing, and the fact that has 76-piano style keys with a bit more weight than most synths it's amazing.

Since I know it's acustic piano sound it's awesome (after a bit of edition), my quistion is, does it "translate" good onto the PA?. I'm asking this because I have a privia px110, and it was a HUGE disappointment live, even though it sounds very acceptable trough it's built-in speakers.

I live in Argentina, and even though this unit is more affordable than other keyboards with similar features, for me it's still hard to pay, I wouldn't want to make the wrong purchase. I've recently bought a Roland juno ds61, so I'm pretty covered as far as synth goes, I need this casione wk7600 to cover the Grand piano role, without it being a huge 88-key-heavy-as-hell unit.

I also love the recording features it comes with.

Thanks

Your disappointment when connecting the PX-110 to external audio equipment is understandable, seeing that the PX-110 has only the "Phones" jacks for connection, rather than true "Line Out" jacks.  When used in this way, "Phones" jacks typically run at way to high a level and tend to overdrive the external audio equipment, as well as being no way near the proper impedance, resulting in a sizeable portion of the audio signal, particularly the higher frequencies, being dissipated (wasted) in the PX-110's "Phones" output circuits.  By comparison, the WK-7600 has "TRUE" Line Out connections as well as an onboard global equalizer and a comprehensive effects section for fine tweaking individual sounds to fit your specific needs.  From another point of view, the PX-110 is essentialy an entry level digital piano, while the WK-7600 is Casio's current top of the line Arranger Workstation, excluding the new MZ-X units, which are a bit of a different animal from the CTK/WK models.  So, one should be able to expect an improvement in sound from the PX-110 to the WK-7600, especially when connecting to an external audio system.

Now, all of that said, it remains to be recognized that, how one "hears" a sound is dependent, in large part, upon their specific auditory system, as well as to their own personal preferences, which is just a fancy way of saying that no two people hear the same sound in exactly the same way.  For that reason, when purchasing musical or sound equipment, it is essential to audition the prospective equipment in person, whenever possible, rather than relying on the judgement of others.  Barring that, try to purchase from a retailer with a liberal return policy to avoid any permanent disappointments.  Professionally produced YouTube demos can give reasonable comparisons of the basic sound outputs of various models.  Avoid demos that use "room" or "voice" mics to pick up  the keyboards' sounds, as those do not present a realistic representation at all.

• 2 weeks later...