No separate volume for bass/drums??

pax-eterna

Maybe I am not understanding your question correctly, but you can definitely edit several parameters of each individual channel, including volume, pan, reverb, chorus, bend range etc. You can also change each of the tones that are part of a rhythm/arrangement (for example, change an acoustic bass to a synth, and the acoustic drum set to an electronic drum set). You can then save the edited rhythm as a user defined rhythm. Go to the mixer in the main screen to edit the tones and parameters per channel.. Or go to the rhythm screen and edit a rhythm from there.

The limitation of the 560 is that you cannot create or edit the existing arrangement patterns. This means it is not possible for you to edit a drum or bass pattern, for example. You can change how it sounds, but you cannot change its content. But you can always use an external DAW for that, which is much more intuitive in my opinion. 

Thanks. Regarding your last sentence - are you saying that the patterns CAN be edited on a DAW and then re-imported to the 560? If so how do you extract the MIDI data? Or do you simply record the data from MIDI out into the DAW?

I wouldn't mind editing a few of the drum beats to be honest haha!

2 hours ago, pax-eterna said:

Thanks. Regarding your last sentence - are you saying that the patterns CAN be edited on a DAW and then re-imported to the 560? If so how do you extract the MIDI data? Or do you simply record the data from MIDI out into the DAW?

I wouldn't mind editing a few of the drum beats to be honest haha!

No. Only the MZ series can import midi files and convert to rhythms since it's more inclined as an arranger workstation than the Privia digital piano series.

Coming back to the original issue on this post - volume adjustment for each instrument in the arranger.

I posted about this several months ago and I consider it a frustratingly basic limitation which should be fixed.

My 20 year old Korg i30 has this capability for all arranger features (volume, pan etc) which then get saved to a registration.

The only way on the PX-560 is to create your own rhythm from the existing presets and then use it in a registration. But of course you can only create 20 user rhythms.

I don't know if the MZ range offer this capability, but any modern day keyboard of this calibre should have it !

However, I do know that any instrument within the arranger can be turned OFF via the mixer function, then saved as part of a registration.  But really, all adjustable features within the mixer should be capable of being saved to a registration. 

This capability is not rocket-science.

How about out another update on this one Casio?