Using WK-3200 to Create User Tones with wavs

Lurch

Hello All,

Recently I used a sound sample wav file, similar to a Bowed Cello and used the Casio Wav Converter.  All I had available was a single note. The Wave Converter created the tone which sounds like the sample, except for two issues.  There is a high speed vibrato and a very slow modulation .

I loaded the New Tone into the 800 User Area and went into Synth mode, but cannot find any of the Parameters to adjust to get rid of either the vibrato or the modulation.

Is there a way to prevent these effects from being created with the tone?

Could there be some limitations on the wav files that are to be used in the process?

If that tremolo and modulation are part of the original wave sample, then there is probably very little you can do about them.  The wave shaping parameters of any sampler are primarily for enhancing (adding to) the original wave sample, but they are not very adept at removing things that are an integral part of the original sample, no matter how undesireable they may be, but those two items could be there for other reasons.  You do not say if that single sample is used for a single note on the keyboard, or if its pitch has been "stretched" and spread across the entire keyboard.  If it is the latter, then that is most likely your problem.  Any time a sample's pitch is stretched by more than three notes, it begins to introduce undesireable "artifacts".  Today's highest quality professional samples do not stretch the pitch of the sample at all.  Each key on the keyboard gets its own set of samples.  I say "set" of samples, as each key will usually have 3 or 4 samples (depending upon the instrument being emulated) that are triggered at different strike velocities to emulate the different strike velocity sounds of a real instrument.  The sampling feature on Casio CTK/WK keyboards was intended to provide some very basic sampling capabilities, but it was never intended to match the capabilities of a full fledged professional sampler.