Workaround for selecting Registrations - well nearly!

pax-eterna

Until we can get confirmation that Registrations are either selected via CC message, Sysex message or not at all (if the last VERY disappointing) I have figured a way to achieve a similar result, albeit, it only recalls patches for the four parts (and any settings IN the patch itself - nothing else)

If you use the Patch/Bank data from the addendum on a per channel basis you can change all four parts. EG

Send:

CH 1 MSB 0/2 PATCH 0

CH 2 MSB 0/4 PATCH 2

CH 3 MSB 0/10 PATCH 0

CH 4 MSB 0/15 PATCH 0

This will place ( in order ) Grand Piano Concert : ChoEg Piano : GrPianoDolce : Piano Chime into parts 1,2,3,4.  (Note: these are just random patches I chose :D )

Create this MIDI data on your MIDI sequencer of choice. OR, in my case I can enter this data directly in to my chart reader app on iPad (Unrealbook - but Onsong et al all work pretty much the same) and when the song is loaded this data gets sent to the 560 automatically.

As I said it's not exactly loading the full registration, but until we get further MIDI data, it's a start I reckon :)

PS: for those not sure, you can "read" Controller 0 (or CC 00 ) instead of MSB, it is the same thing.

PPS: ensure your sequencer is set to use numbering from 0-127 (MIDI spec default) ...some will auto substitute 1-128 as they think it makes it easier haha! Anyhoo if you find patches are not quite lining up, check this.

• Like 1

Now for those who think about it a bit more - if you set all four tones to be a Hex tone - then you can actually create split points bu allocating note ranges in the HEX layer editor...each HEX tone of course will recall all its settings as these are IN the tone itself and are not relying on separate "Registration" settings to set them up.

Examples: part volume, pan, effects, pseudo split points, patches (up to  six in one HEX) the list goes on. In a way this could be MORE powerful than registrations. When it comes to selecting setups via MIDI ;)

• Like 1

Well...Mine was going to go in my "studio" (uhm...a corner of my office!) but then the wife said "Let's keep it in the family room." One CS-67 stand later there it has stayed. The 560's MIDI connectors remain as virgin as the day it arrived. I really should hook something up to them just to be sure they work!