Sonar - Cakewalk - .INS File Available...

pax-eterna

Just creating an .INS file for the 560....man, Casio have some weird naming and sorting methods for the Addendum Sheet! The way all the 560 tones are sorted are about the oddest I have seen hahaha! It's like the placement was "just choose the next available spot...doesn't matter if it's not the same instrument type haha!

Anyhoo...I'm about half way done for those interested and will post to downloads :D

EDIT: Is now available in the downloads secton http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/1117-casio-px-560-sonar-ins-file/

• Like 1

Would seem so Alen...the one she has also includes the wrong format of Bank select numbers (albeit the Controller 0 system is also there). Plus she has the patches in the same mixed up and random order that the addendum has haha. I went to the trouble of putting mine in numerical order.

But, had I known there was one already,I wouldn't have spent 4 hours creating one, and just downloaded and modified it haha! Anyway all good. At least there are now a couple to choose from :)  I will be amending mine as it goes along, hopefully with some sysex data if EVER Casio get back to us with the SYSEX documentation or information!! I ahve even tried a PM to Martin - again no response at all. Seems with this 560 Casio were not expecting pro users to be buying it (or it's not marketed at them anyway perhaps?)

It's shame really, because with a few firmware/OS tweaks it could be, relatively, quite a powerful stage 'board....BUT that would probably eat into the market for the PX5 replacement which I feel (just a gut feeling) is not very far away. Lucky I only have mine on a six month rental - for this very reason.

1 hour ago, pax-eterna said:

Would seem so Alen...the one she has also includes the wrong format of Bank select numbers (albeit the Controller 0 system is also there). Plus she has the patches in the same mixed up and random order that the addendum has haha. I went to the trouble of putting mine in numerical order.

But, had I known there was one already,I wouldn't have spent 4 hours creating one, and just downloaded and modified it haha! Anyway all good. At least there are now a couple to choose from :)  I will be amending mine as it goes along, hopefully with some sysex data if EVER Casio get back to us with the SYSEX documentation or information!! I ahve even tried a PM to Martin - again no response at all. Seems with this 560 Casio were not expecting pro users to be buying it (or it's not marketed at them anyway perhaps?)

It's shame really, because with a few firmware/OS tweaks it could be, relatively, quite a powerful stage 'board....BUT that would probably eat into the market for the PX5 replacement which I feel (just a gut feeling) is not very far away. Lucky I only have mine on a six month rental - for this very reason.

It May be your one is better 

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, SimoneCarini said:

Nobody answered when I did it

No one would have known to check in that particular thread. And few people would even read a thread that talked about something they weren't interested in.

Point being, it would have been nice if you had published it in the downloads area, as I see you did a lot of PX-560 tones. The downloads area is not just for tones (or doesn't have to just be for tones, even if it seems to be that way). 

16 hours ago, pax-eterna said:

she she

Erm, I don't think so... 

16 hours ago, pax-eterna said:

I ahve even tried a PM to Martin - again no response at all.

6.  Do NOT private message Mike Martin directly with a "How to" question.  This is especially true if you have never posted a question on the forum.  This is forum with thousands of users. Post your question on the forum and it will get answered by users.  Then everyone can learn from the answer.

I would generally take this to mean don't PM Mike. a) It doesn't help everyone learn and 2) he can't answer everyone. Even if he did, it would be a while before he got to you. ;)

7 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

I would generally take this to mean don't PM Mike. a) It doesn't help everyone learn and 2) he can't answer everyone. Even if he did, it would be a while before he got to you. ;)

It wasn't a "how to" question - and yes I was aware of that "rule". The PM came after several attempts in a forum thread (that MM responded to with a question of his own mind you!!) to to get him to respond.

TEXT of PM:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike, I asked recently about whether the PX560 block incoming SYSEX data...You responded by asking what I was trying to do, and despite me trying to push it along I ahve had no further response.

Can you please confirm if SYSEX data receviing is blocked somehow on the PX 560?

I am trying to find a way to select Registrations via MIDI..

Thanks

PS: Sorry for going the PM route, but you must get hundreds of notifications on threads at the forum, so perhaps may have missed replies to the actual thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------