Serial number and date of manufacture

Van Rad

Hi!

Regards to everyone, online or offline, I'am a first time here,  need a help and I would like to ask some questions on my terrible English (sorry, thanks to Google Translate!):

A few days ago, I bought an PX-5S, but with a "manufacturing defects" (one octave in the middle is quite noisy) and I brought him to be repaired and we are separated  now more than 10 days (and still on reparation). This is great, you buy something and after 6 days - you are "alone" again.

How it started, I guess I will teach fishing - I called Wednesday the Service center and they told me that ordered parts  arrived (!) and they "do testing" ("this is the first time that happened" - they said)(maybe my PX will fly, after)

I bought it new, on sale, here in Paris, France, 20% off (there was 766€, with 100€ of reduction = 666€) and my first impression was - wow, what a action! I am 6ft4in tall with big hands (in my youth, I loved volleyball) and it's just perfect for me (piano is a little bit thin, not so good sampled in the middle, but I use him mostly as MIDI controller - with DP is excellent!) - exactly what I have always wanted, but…

I do not know why, but I have a feeling that piano is produced quite earlier (perhaps a few years ago), perhaps the piano was somewhere on the planet in storage, forgotten and alone, before they found him to empty their stocks and it finished here in France, cheaper. A few days later, the price jumped for 230€, more (899€) than I paid, 7 days earlier, what intrigued me to ask for help here:

When is my PX-5S manufactured? How to know the date of manufacture, based on the serial number? (my serial number is: 933ADC75K009392)

Maybe some tired worker in China forgot some piece of cloth, that's human, but similar problem I found on Youtube and I am sending you a link (I hope that it will not disturb the author of the video):

As you can see, video was uploaded 28 dec 2014 - which means that mistake is not unknown and I wonder:

1 - Does that mean then Casio act like they did not know and continue to produce same problem?

2 - Is it a problem with distributors/vendor (they sell today what is manufactured a few years ago as if it were a new)?

3 - Did my piano is produced at the same time (maybe the same series) as PX-5S on video? (I checked firmware: 1.13)

4 - If I asked to replace the piano instead of reparation - what will be the risk to get another ("new") piano with a noisy keyboard? Big?

I apologize for my English, I might complicate the situation, it may be best to simply wait for repairs, but I feel like somebody makes me fool - and I would like to know who. That's all.

For any help - I will be infinitely grateful to have more information to avoid some idiotic explanation.

Best regards,

Van Rad

Choppin, thanks  for your reply!

My PX-5S is under warranty and I think it's funny - or sad? - from Casio to sell award-winning piano with some clunking keys (unevenly) but if it's system "take it or leave" - it's unprofessional and out of consumer law. Like when you do not bring all the money as is the price on the shop and you say: "Some of the bills are there, some are not, take it or leave".

It is completely understandable that, with a time, sound of keys changes, but to sell the piano with "who knows, maybe will be OK" - it's totally mocking with customers. 

I'm sorry, but in such relation, my first Casio definitely turns into my last Casio - I appreciate a good instrument, but do not like to feel like a donkey and to play the lottery with my money.

Regards,

Van Rad

Hey there and welcome to the Casio forums. If you bought it brand new from a local store and it was only a few days, you should have brought is back to the store and exchange it for a brand new instrument. I have my own horror story about being sent a "brand new"  keyboard from a retailer (not a Casio). You can see the pristine condition of the package when it arrived. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

16683953_10207703337012477_8993470312291

Hello everyone and thank you for your support!

Suddenly, I contacted the seller and he offered me to exchange for a new piano, but it seemed complicated, and I chose to repair it, mostly because of the fact then the official repairing service is behind my building!

If I did it right or not - i still don't know because my PX-5S is still in the service and I don't know if will be repaired properly  or not (already 20 days passed and they said then "twice, they ordered parts" - strange, but I will wait). Anyway, warranty is 1 year constructor + 2 years seller.

I do not want to declare war to seller or repairing service - I just want to play and enjoy music - but I need just an minimum of respect. And minimum of noises…

I will inform you about the continuation, maybe it will be a happy end.

Best regards!

Van Rad