MZ-X500 Midi in Record Patternsequenzer or Midirecorder Bug and Drive Rotary Bug

cruiser59de

Greetings from Bavaria,

I try to record on the MZ-X 500 (actual OS 1.5) via MIDI in port, from another keyboard or computer into the pattern sequenzer or midirecorder.

The trackindicators shows the signal, I can hear the sound, but it doesn't record. I tested all Midi-Ports A,B,C the same behavior.

It only records via the internal keyboard.

Seems to be a bug, has anyone ever tested?

The second bug I found is in sound edit, effect "drive rotary".

For example you choose an organ sound, go to edit, effect, algorithm rotary, and chooe drive rotary, the parameter overdrive gain, doesn't work.
It should work togehter with the overdrive level, but it only gets louder no distortion.

When I do this on the PX-560, I get a heavy distortion organ, depending of the settings of these parameters.

Please help.

2 hours ago, cruiser59de said:

Greetings from Bavaria,

I try to record on the MZ-X 500 (actual OS 1.5) via MIDI in port, from another keyboard or computer into the pattern sequenzer or midirecorder.

The trackindicators shows the signal, I can hear the sound, but it doesn't record. I tested all Midi-Ports A,B,C the same behavior.

It only records via the internal keyboard.

Seems to be a bug, has anyone ever tested?

The second bug I found is in sound edit, effect "drive rotary".

For example you choose an organ sound, go to edit, effect, algorithm rotary, and chooe drive rotary, the parameter overdrive gain, doesn't work.
It should work togehter with the overdrive level, but it only gets louder no distortion.

When I do this on the PX-560, I get a heavy distortion organ, depending of the settings of these parameters.

Please help.

You can only record live keyboard data to MIDI. It's not a bug as it is clearly stated in the manual. 

I think you're right about the Overdrive parameter. It mostly increases the volume on my machine too. Gets a little 'dirty' with chords

On 4/29/2017 at 9:48 AM, BradMZ said:

Drive rotary gain works for me. Perhaps your tone volume is low? Check that on the tone edit screen for sampled tones.  For VTW tones, it is on the drawbar advanced edit screen, page 2.  

Thanks Brad, that works! Not that I ever use over-driven organ tones ;-)