Video Files on Forum ×

Speakers Stopped Working

Geo

Has anyone had this problem ??

Suddenly the speakers failed after one year.

I upgraded to Firmware 1.14 and after that discovered the problem.

However, I did not notice it immediately since I also run the keyboard through an amp & speakers.

So I can't necessarily blame the update.

Also, the headphone sockets worked fine when the speakers failed.

Anyway, I decided to go back to Firmware 1.10.

Speakers still dead !

Unplugged the DC power connector and the 3-Pedal SP33.

Lifted the keyboard off the stand, took a look around everything.

Placed back on stand, plugged in power and pedals.

Speakers are working again !

Loose connection somewhere ?  Power supply issue ?

Looks like I'll have to wait and see.

Hmmmm....... not too happy.

How often do you use the headphone jacks? Next time this happens, try the headphone jacks, and see if the speakers work after you unplug your headphones. Perhaps the switch in one of the jacks is sticking, and inserting and removing the headphone plug may free it.

• Like 1

Thanks for that thought Joe.

I hardly ever use the headphones  and definitely not prior to finding this problem.

Wouldn't expect the headphone switch to stick on it's own.

If I lose the speakers again, I'll certainly insert/remove a jack plug.

• 2 years later...

I just got a Casio PX560 and I plugged the DC power in and the pedal in, I pulled off all the tape on the keys. My speakers aren’t making any sound I have tried to fix it myself but I’m having trouble. Does anyone know if there is any tape or packaging protection hidden underneath the keyboard?

14 minutes ago, Noah said:

I just got a Casio PX560 and I plugged the DC power in and the pedal in, I pulled off all the tape on the keys. My speakers aren’t making any sound I have tried to fix it myself but I’m having trouble. Does anyone know if there is any tape or packaging protection hidden underneath the keyboard?

Have you tried headphones yet?  Does the demonstration song play?  

There is also a setting from your main screen-go to the "settings" screen-then open that-touch the icon, you will see an option for "speakers" on/off. I use this all the time when shutting off built-in speakers when I want to monitor through external speakers. This should have been set to "on" from the factory but it could be set to off. There should be no packing materials that would cause the keys not to work. 

• 2 years later...

This thread is gold.

My PX-560's speakers became intermittent after using the line out jacks for a week or so.  After unplugging the audio cable the speakers wouldn't sound.  I toggled the "speakers" on/off paramater to no avail - sometimes the speakers came back for a second or two but died again thereafter.

Then I came to this forum, read this thread and plugged and unplugged a headphone jack.  The speakers came back 100%.

This forum does not suck.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kybdsammer said:

I have had the same intermittent problem too, and so far the speakers have always eventually worked again after inserting and removing a headphone connector. Sometimes it takes a couple tries.

Such a weird software glitch.  Good to know the workaround.

9 minutes ago, stevecoscia said:

Such a weird software glitch.  Good to know the workaround.

It's actually a hardware issue, where the switch inside the headphone jack gets stuck, effectively telling the instrument there's a headphone plugged in when there isn't one any longer.

Maybe you used the headphones and forgot? In your case, having the problem after using audio outs, that's a bit odd.