560/SP3 MIDI question...

SkipEB3

I have a question about the SP33 pedal unit. 

I understand that the unit is necessary in order to have half-pedal, sostenuto and soft pedal functions on a 560 (and on a 160, as well). 

My question is… Are half-pedal, sostenuto and soft pedal MIDI messages transmitted (either via USB or MIDI port) to a computer running VST piano software, like Galaxy Vintage D or Ravenscroft 275?

I've searched the Forum, and haven't been able to come up with a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

-Skip

I think Skip doesn't have one yet so can't test what the keyboard outputs on MIDI when the pedals of the SP-33 are pressed. I intuit that he might not get one if it doesn't play nice with piano VSTs. 

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to his question. 

Exactly, AlenK. 

I’ve got a PX-160 (which I’m totally digging) but I haven’t as yet used it for VST. I’ve been using a Yamaha P150 as a controller in my studio, and while I love the action, it doesn’t translate well with my software - Ivory or Galaxy. It’s not quite right with orchestral software, either.

So, a new controller is in my future, and a 560 is on my short list.