PX 560 Auto accompaniment problems

richard

1.   Auto accompaniment is not triggering correctly.   Gets stuck on first chord and will not follow my left hand accurately.   Sometimes it will not play a more advanced chord unless I arpeggiate ascending.   I have gone on forum and it was suggested to change the split point.   I did-no difference.  Auto is set to full range.   

2.  Also-when soloing soloing in auto accompaniment my right hand changes rhythm in left hand on certain notes disrupting the rhythm pattern.   The accompaniment takes on the rhythm of my right hand.  Crazy.

3.  Finally,  if I am not happy with a particular accompaniment pattern -can I delete or edit certain parts of it?    I know I can write my own rhythms but want to edit existing accompaniment patterns.

Sent from my iPad
  • Like 1

Richard

I suspect that your problems with items 1 and 2 may be, to a certain extent, related, but to begin with Item 1 by itself:  are you turning Auto Accompaniment ON AND pressing the Synchro button before making your first chord ?  If not, Auto Accompaniment will not start properly, or at all.

As for Item 2, and the possible tie-in from Item 1:  When you have Auto Accompaniment in FULL RANGE mode, Auto Accompaniment "parses" the entire width of the keyboard for key presses by both hands to control the Auto Accompaniment, so in that mode, certainly, what you play with your right hand will affect the Auto Accompaniment.  That is the whole purpose of FULL RANGE mode, but most players who make extensive use of FULL RANGE will tell you that you need to develop a "knack" in your playing style, so as not to confuse the Auto Accompaniment when playing complex full two-handed classical or jazz chords, particularly with grace notes.  Basically you need to learn what you can get away with and avoid what you can not.  You need to study the "Fingering Guide" on Page A-1 of the manual for the permissible chord styles.  If you use FULL RANGE mode and stray from this chart, you are bound to get into trouble with Auto Accompaniment, sooner or later.  For now, I would recommend using one of the FINGERED modes, in partucular, FINGERED 1, and let the Auto Accompaniment set the split point, but make your own legitimate triads and four note chords.  That is, do not use the "Easy" or "Casio Chords".  If you do this, and still have the symptoms you describe, then you may have a problem with your keyboard, if not, then the problem is most likely what I describe above.

Your Item 3 is mostly a matter of semantics.  The second paragraph in the left hand column of Page 38 in the manual states "You can edit built-in rhythms to create your own original rhythms . . . .".  The key words here are edit and create.  In "Casio-speak", you "edit" something that is already there in order to "create" your own "new thing".  Many new owners are put off by this topic, when they realize that they have to start with something that is already there, rather than starting with a completely blank slate, and with the Pattern Sequencers in the CTK/WK-7XXX models, even that CAN be done.  Mike Martin made a video several years ago about how to do it, but Casio avoids a confrontation on this with their finely engineered "selection" of words. As for you, you can just modify existing rhythms to your heart's content, and you don't always have to start with a factory pre-set.  You can start with a User Rhythm that you already modified yesterday, or last week, or last month.  So, go to it !  Enjoy . . . . and best of luck !

Sent from my HP laptop. ;)

• Like 1