Got mine today!

pete

Got mine earlier today and gotta say very happy with it though Im still learning how to use it.

One minor gripe is that the keys are not as good quality as my Yamaha PSR S650 and move a bit - that being said its a 

hell of a better keyboard - the tones and quality of sound is amazing and its so easy to navigate with a touch screen.

Still looking for youtube tutorials but very few!

anyone have links to an english tutorial ??

4 hours ago, pete said:

Got mine earlier today and gotta say very happy with it though Im still learning how to use it.

One minor gripe is that the keys are not as good quality as my Yamaha PSR S650 and move a bit - that being said its a 

hell of a better keyboard - the tones and quality of sound is amazing and its so easy to navigate with a touch screen.

Still looking for youtube tutorials but very few!

anyone have links to an english tutorial ??

Hi, Pete and welcome. 

I am an early purchaser of the blue beast: MZ-X500, and still finding my way around it.  I'm a  dabbler / slow learner -  blast these infernal OS updates! - can't keep up :P

Agree about the quality of the keys, I too moved from PSR-S770 to Casio MZ-X500 and very glad I did, but that the MZ-X500's two weak points are the inferior key bed  (had to return mine to Casio for fixing noisy keys), and the lack of video tutorials.  

Combined pages of the MZ-X Guide plus Tutorial is 172 pages, plus extra pages for OS updates, and it is a complex instrument.  I believe Mr Mike Martin of Casio recently said he is working on some video tutorials just for the OS updates.  

Touch screen is nice and easy to use,  but the touch screen doesn't take the place of  good video tutorials, especially that the MZ-X's have so many features.   I think a series of good video tutorials for these fine instruments would be great... If a picture is worth a thousand words,  some quality video tutorials would be even better, might even tempt other PSR players to make the change to Casio, eh.

I too migrated from Tyros 5 and PSR 970 simply because the touchscreen OS logic is so logical and easy to follow and the whole machine is just so fascinating.

We could do with more song cover representation on Youtube like KAMPOS8705 Styles Melody Casio MZ-X500

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyCR7pXcv8>

Cheers everyone ,all good advice and info ,no doubt I will be asking questions in the near future and its good to know some fellow people are with me !

Now I just need to find the power button! lol joke .

I'm not an experienced keyboard player ,been learning about 3 years at my own slow pace but what I do know musically sounds way way better on this .I love the Hex Layers and I actually managed to record on it without any tutorials - something It took me ages to do on the yamaha .

The quality of the keys is not a deal breaker as I believe this is a superior keyboard with insides better than rivals charging twice as much .

Hi @pete ! and welcome!

I'm having great fun with my MZ-X500,in these days I'm converting some nice styles I will publish soon on the download area, I've also made some experiments creating new HexLayer tones and... wow... this baby can bring incredible sounds!

I'm coming from a Korg Pa600 and there is no comparison on how much fun can bring to the player the MZ-X :D

On 5/18/2017 at 8:40 PM, Allanon said:

Hi @pete ! and welcome!

I'm having great fun with my MZ-X500,in these days I'm converting some nice styles I will publish soon on the download area, I've also made some experiments creating new HexLayer tones and... wow... this baby can bring incredible sounds!

I'm coming from a Korg Pa600 and there is no comparison on how much fun can bring to the player the MZ-X :D

Hey, Allanon,  look forward to your sharing your new styles,  cheers! :banana:

On 5/18/2017 at 1:40 PM, Allanon said:

Hi @pete ! and welcome!

That's great Allanon! My poor PA600 has been languishing in a closet ever since my MX500 came to play! ;-)

• Like 1

Yes, my Tyros 4 hasn't been turned on in over a year now.  I'm actually considering selling it!!

I still have a PSR-S900 which works well, but the MZ-X500, XW-P1 and W-6600 fit the bill nicely on gigs.  I just recently added the Bass Station II to round out the set.  Too much stuff to carry to gigs.  One of these days, I got to get a pic and post it of the whole setup.  But, I will say, there isn't much music you can't do with this setup!!