Video Files on Forum ×

Volume Pedal Connections on PX 560?

Gaurav

Hi,

Need help from the experts on how to connect a Volume Pedal with my Privia PX 560. I am new to these technical matters.

I have a generic self powered volume pedal which has 2 input & 2 output.

I tried to connect the Line Out of piano to Input of pedal and Output of pedal to my keyboard amp. This way it worked but then I could not limit it to Upper2 and it was working for both Upper1 & 2.

But I use the amp rarely at home as the built in onboard speakers are sufficient.

Is there anyway to connect this pedal with the piano so that it works even when I am using the built in speakers of the piano ?

(I am not sure if I need to use the Assignable Pedal port)

Please help.

Thanks.

Gaurav

Assuming this is just a volume pedal (not a lot of info about it online - Soundx doesn't even appear to offer it anymore) the assignable pedal input won't do you any good (if you intend to stick with this pedal - see below). That input is intended for an expression pedal (or a switch type pedal - your choice). 

AFAIK there is no way to send some "zones" (as I will call upper and lower tones for convenience) but not others out the audio outputs of the PX-560. They normally output the mixed sum of all voices in the PX-560 as well as whatever is sent to the left and right LINE IN inputs and the stereo AUDIO IN input.

However, if you can accept monophonic output to your keyboard amp you could pan the tones you want to hear from the keyboard amp all the way to, say, the left and then connect only the left output of the PX-560 to the keyboard amp through the volume pedal. All the other tones must then be panned all the way to the right. 

BTW, AFAIK connecting something to the PX-560's audio outputs should not disable the onboard speakers. 

There is another strategy if you are willing to buy an actual expression pedal to use with the expression pedal input. You can program the pedal to control the volume of one or two of the "zones" independently of any others. This way you could actually limit volume control to Upper 2 only without affecting anything else. 

I will try what you have suggested but please let me know if there is any specific pedal I may buy which will surely let me control volume while using the on board speakers

Thanks for all the explanation Alen.

Appreciate it.