Zone Problem (I think) Probable User Error

Hi all.

I'm on a G1 but this could be device independent.

A few times recently, I have obviously done something to, in effect, turn off the lowest octave of the keyboard. I have had to perform an initialise to resolve this as anything else I try just doesn't seem to work e.g. Zone low key range.

It would seem there is no fault as such (other than fault that can be directed at me) because the initialize has always worked. I felt convinced it was the zone range as the display shows a line that does not extend to the full length of the screen, as it does when a specific range is assigned to the zone, but as I say. Changing these values does not help. In fact I say change because I tried setting an even lower values, but the initial value shown suggests that it was correctly sett anyway.

Any ideas much aprecciated, no matter how stupid they may make me look.

Hey Brad,

I wont have a chance to check this for a few hours, but it sounds promising as I have been primarily using the Step Sequencer. (I probably should have mentioned that really ... D'oh!!!).

Many many thanks (and kindly worded so as to not me feel 'too' stupid).

Thanks again.

Look's like I will have to feel pretty stupid after all. Whilst I did manage to resolve this eventually based upon your guidance (thanks again), for some reason I still couldn't work out specifically how this step sequencer keyshift function worked exactly, and initially I managed to get down to just "1" playable key, before some more prodding and finally getting all my keys back.