Sign in to follow this  
ibux

Are there any LK compatible midi files available?

Shuffling through these forums it seems that a lot of people have already converted many songs to be compatible with the LK-280.

Are there any readily made packages available, or has anyone here made their conversions available for downloading?

Any MIDI file that conforms to the General MIDI (GM) voice (tone) mapping scheme should "play" on the LK-280, as far as the sound is concerned, but they will not properly use the LK "learning" or key lighting features unless they follow a specific format.  I am not aware of any sources of "ready made" LK compatible files, but you can see this reply I made some time ago on this subject for doing your own conversions:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/13044-16-midi-track-songs-lk280/&do=findComment&comment=37423

12 hours ago, tnicoson said:

Any MIDI file that conforms to the General MIDI (GM) voice (tone) mapping scheme should "play" on the LK-280, as far as the sound is concerned, but they will not properly use the LK "learning" or key lighting features unless they follow a specific format

Bad wording on my part - meant naturally the midi files adapted and rearranged to use LK's key lights in a proper way. I'll look into the instructions and I'm sure I'll manage to do the conversation myself, too.

Still, I'd be neat for any new users to have some ready made tunes available here for testing out.