Video Files on Forum ×

Registration memory

I want to know if there is any way to change only tones (from any group of instruments with just one press) without changing rhythm and tempo during live performance.... Actually i play live with both tones and rhythm and i need to keep on changing tempo..... I tried to use registrations but i cant change tempo because again when i change registration tempo gets changed to the saved one..... I only want to change tones in my performance...... It used to be very good if we had separate user space to save tones from all groups of instruments....

So, please can anyone give me some suggestions . It will help me a lot. 

There is a way to do it by setting the Filter function for the FREEZE Button

Go to page EN-40 for details. Go to main menu REGISTRATION and press the FILTER EDIT and set the FILTER to ON for everything except TONE.

Now when you press the FREEZE button (lit up) you can change only TONES with the registration buttons.

• Like 4

On May 26, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Rick Sterling said:

There is a way to do it by setting the Filter function for the FREEZE Button

Go to page EN-40 for details. Go to main menu REGISTRATION and press the FILTER EDIT and set the FILTER to ON for everything except TONE.

Now when you press the FREEZE button (lit up) you can change only TONES with the registration buttons.

Thank you very much for ur reply .😇😊☺️

• 1 month later...

Could you please explain this in a little more detail?  I often use registrations to change instruments and never used the "filter edit" with "freeze".  I set up the registrations in sequence making sure that I have saved the same rhythms, tempo and key signature with the only changes being the instrument parts and occasionally the accompaniment level.  How is the end result different? Just trying to understand.

So It would seem that this is an alternate way, perhaps better/easier, to do what I am doing.  I start by creating and saving a  registration for the start my performance, for example 7-1.  Then I recall it and save it to the next registration, in this case 7-2, make the modifications I want and then save 7-2.  If I need further changes then I repeat for 7-3 etc until I have all the changes I need for the performance.  One advantage I can see for using filters would be if I change one of the "filtered" paramaters of the performance I would only have to change the first registration to impact all the others.  For example if I make a key change to accommodate a vocalist in the first registration, 7-1 in this example, and have a "transpose filter "set to "on" for the other sequential registrations then I won't have to go through saving each one separately.  On the other hand if I start to use the "freeze" tool then I am going to have to check each registration I use to make sure that I haven't previously set a "freeze" parameter   for it.  Anything else I'm missing?

BTW, I really appreciate these type of tips.  This type of real world application is what is missing from most instrument manufacturer's documentation.  Manuals are written to show off the features of their instrument but they don't relate them to how/why to best use them in the creation of a real world performance.  Application manuals or videos that explain why we would want to use the features that are available would be very helpful.  

7 minutes ago, Jazzman said:

So It would seem that this is an alternate way, perhaps better/easier, to do what I am doing.  I start by creating and saving a  registration for the start my performance, for example 7-1.  Then I recall it and save it to the next registration, in this case 7-2, make the modifications I want and then save 7-2.  If I need further changes then I repeat for 7-3 etc until I have all the changes I need for the performance.  One advantage I can see for using filters would be if I change one of the "filtered" paramaters of the performance I would only have to change the first registration to impact all the others.  For example if I make a key change to accommodate a vocalist in the first registration, 7-1 in this example, and have a "transpose filter "set to "on" for the other sequential registrations then I won't have to go through saving each one separately.  On the other hand if I start to use the "freeze" tool then I am going to have to check each registration I use to make sure that I haven't previously set a "freeze" parameter   for it.  Anything else I'm missing?

BTW, I really appreciate these type of tips.  This type of real world application is what is missing from most instrument manufacturer's documentation.  Manuals are written to show off the features of their instrument but they don't relate them to how/why to best use them in the creation of a real world performance.  Application manuals or videos that explain why we would want to use the features that are available would be very helpful.  

AMEN!!!