Video Files on Forum ×

How to Loop sd card audio files on XW-P1?

Tamuna

Hello,

I am new to xw series of casio, just learning how to create music on it and came across this deadlock, I need to know how to loop audio samples those are on sd card, so that I could make them play over and over.

Thank you for your help!

While the audio file player in the XW-P1 will allow you to Chain play songs on the SD Card, it will not allow you to "loop" a particular song for continuous play. That is more a function of a standard MP3 player.  One work around would be to copy the "song"/"sample" linearly the number of times you want it repeated with external audio editing software, before converting it to a Casio audio file.  Another would be to copy the "song"/"sample" you want "looped"/"repeated" to "File1", "File2', "File3", etc, on the SD Card, the number of times you want it repeated, then "Chain" play those with the XW-P1's audio file player, but there may be several seconds delay from the end of one "song"/"sample" to the start of the next.

Now, since you used the word "samples" in your original post, if you are talking about looping samples and playing them from the keys, you have the wrong keyboard, as the XW-P1 is not a "sampler".  For that, you need the XW-G1, but even then, the XW-G1 does its sample looping in internal memory, not directly on the SD Card.

• Like 1

Thank you a lot for your reply!

In this case is that possible to save sd card audio files on user banks of xw-p1 and then with just pressing the play button make it play over and over for dozens of measures, just as the sinthesizer does it with step sequencer.?

And, can you help me to get aware of main characteristics/diffrences between xw-p1 and g1 series?

Thank you again,I trully appreciate your kindness!

The XW-P1 can play audio files only from the SD Card.  The XW-P1, itself, is basically just a MIDI device, not an audio device, so its internal features deal only with MIDI data, not audio data.  The ability to play audio files from the SD Card is just an "add-on" feature, primarily for those who may want to use audio backing tracks to play along with.

Here are links to info for the differences/similarities between the XW-P1 ane XW-G1:

http://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/digital-synthesizers/xw-p1

https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/digital-synthesizers/xw-g1

Probably the two most prominent differences are that the XW-G1 is an audio sampler, while the XW-P1 is not, but the XW-P1 uses Hex Layers to create massive sounding synth stacks, for either new or vintage synth sounds, while the XW-G1 does not use Hex Layers at all.  Aside from the Sampling engine, its primary sound sources are a Solo Synth sound engine and a PCM Instrument sound engine.  So, in a sense, the Sampling engine of the XW-G1 replaces the Hex Layer sound engine of the XW-P1, while they both have Solo Synth and PCM Instrument sound engines.

• Like 1